Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Hardtop >
1,210 Posts
Not gonna lie I’m hopeful here lol. Especially since it’s GR and probably the team behind the GR Yaris, and not Toyota and a project headed up by Tada-San.. Would be pretty cool if this was the Supra we were all waiting for. Like Toyota fixing their mistake with the mkv haha. But of course not gonna give my hopes up because it’s probably just a one off project GR did and isn’t going in to production. But maybe just maybe it could give us a look at a potential mkvi Supra since it would not be a Bmw partnership. One can only hope though

·
Registered
984 Posts
interesting.

Reactions: FasTTurbo

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Supposedly the Zupra is ending production on 3/2026. With the rate that it takes Toyota to turn a concept into a production car this does sound about right.

·
Hardtop >
1,210 Posts
So interestingly the silhouette looks like the Mazda RX vision concept from years ago... and we know Mazda is working on developing their own inline 6 motors.. and there were rumors of a Mazda/Toyota partnership.. so could it be yet another joint sports car??

Mazda RX vision concept just for comparison to what GR posted

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

·
...pop the hood!
1,190 Posts
Not gonna lie I’m hopeful here lol. Especially since it’s GR and probably the team behind the GR Yaris, and not Toyota and a project headed up by Tada-San.. Would be pretty cool if this was the Supra we were all waiting for. Like Toyota fixing their mistake with the mkv haha. But of course not gonna give my hopes up because it’s probably just a one off project GR did and isn’t going in to production. But maybe just maybe it could give us a look at a potential mkvi Supra since it would not be a Bmw partnership. One can only hope though
So interestingly the silhouette looks like the Mazda RX vision concept from years ago... and we know Mazda is working on developing their own inline 6 motors.. and there were rumors of a Mazda/Toyota partnership.. so could it be yet another joint sports car??

Mazda RX vision concept just for comparison to what GR posted

View attachment 268761
going by history...after toyota teases us with the prototype, it will take them 5 years to arrive on the showroom floors and the stylized body will be shrunk to fit a miata sized chassis...

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
going by history...after toyota teases us with the prototype, it will take them 5 years to arrive on the showroom floors and the stylized body will be shrunk to fit a miata sized chassis...
And they will lay down and let some other company do the work.

·
Registered
56 Posts
After talking to my friend about this, he said it best as cautiously optimistic.

The timing of a concept would put this about one model life cycle (~2026-2034) before the 2035 gas car ban begins in major markets.

The optimist in me says this could be a 2000gt/Toyota halo car farewell to gas engines. The pessimist in me says this is another joint project with X that will be using X power plants and built in X factories as a “It’s really a Toyota” Halo car farewell to gas engines. It could also be a bleh-halo car like the next gen RC-F.

GR has recently been trending in the right direction with the Yaris and Corolla. I hope the reception of those cars pushes GR to continue in-house platform developments.

·
Registered
56 Posts
There has to be some dodger charger design executives talking to lawyers right now. lol

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Isn't this just a BRZ or whatever the new thing is called, but for GT-300 class? That's what it looks like at TAS.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts