Supra Forums banner

281 - 295 of 295 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
I've been buying a lot of Supra parts the last 2 years. Toyota must have noticed as they sent me a survey about the purchasing experience and what they should do to make the system better.

I mentioned I'm restoring a Supra and let them know how I think the online ordering system could be improved. So they are keeping track of who orders parts and I'm sure what model and type of parts are being ordered. Hope the survey helps getting parts for our Supra back in production.

·
Drive Hard
640 Posts
it's a beautiful dream i think....

·
Registered
(I'll buy yours)
50 Posts
It would be amazing if they actually made an official account here on the forums and released updates for us to closely follow. I hope this re-manufacturing really happens :censored:

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Headlights are up on the parts page. Dosent show pricing though.

Attachments

·
The Great Beast 666
510 Posts
wonder if power seats will be up. Looks promising.

·
Registered
Toyota Supra MKIV 94' TT VVTi
25 Posts
According to Toyota UK, price for 1 headlight ! is £4902.68 !!!
I think they will lower it soon, Japan prices are much lower.
666.64€ + 67€ shipping + taxes to Finland.

1,134.71€ + ? shipping + taxes to Finland

·
Registered
Single mk4
3 Posts
Is this just me or is this for real? I just received this from TOYOTA. If so, we all need to provide input on this. We all know how important our oem parts are for the supra community.

GR Heritage Parts Request Form

image1 by Adam Gibson, on Flickr

image1 by Adam Gibson, on Flickr
This is something that should be pinned to the top of the section so people will see it and hopefully read it.
Let hope, I just don’t understand why they wouldn’t they could make bank from it

·
Registered
326 Posts
Break Booster is F'ing expensive. If I understand this correctly (Pricing at different levels is confusing) but some outlets or Toyota Parts would have this part listed at over a grand. With discounts or costs/margins removed the best price this part can be had for is just over $800 which is still IMO expensive.

Needlesstosay I ordered and paid and have in my hand the second to last one, and as of last week there was only 1 remaining.... I too am restroing my Supra that I've had for over 20 years, which can be found in my sig.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Break Booster is F'ing expensive. If I understand this correctly (Pricing at different levels is confusing) but some outlets or Toyota Parts would have this part listed at over a grand. With discounts or costs/margins removed the best price this part can be had for is just over $800 which is still IMO expensive.

Needlesstosay I ordered and paid and have in my hand the second to last one, and as of last week there was only 1 remaining.... I too am restroing my Supra that I've had for over 20 years, which can be found in my sig.
Hang on. Are you saying that the MKIV brake booster that was only just recently included in the GR Heritage Parts catalog as a new in-production part is nearly or probably already sold out...?

I hope it’s just going to have a temporary wait on availability because it’s made in batches.

As for the high prices for it that are variable, no argument there.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Yes as of 10 days ago, there were only 2 in all of the United States, and I decided to buy one of 2. And now we have just 1, I can post a pic of it if necessary lol.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Yes as of 10 days ago, there were only 2 in all of the United States, and I decided to buy one of 2.
Yikes. Then I really hope the brake booster won’t be removed from the GR parts catalog once that last one sells. Availability reverting to a National Backorder until more are made I’d understand.

I sincerely hope the latter is the case but your post has me concerned.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Yeah I used Toyota Tustin, where Ken Henderon bought his Supra Blackie I believe many many many years ago. And the part came out of Cincinatti Ohio via 3 day shipping, which is just south of my hometown of Columbus Ohio, lol.

But yea I was told I bought 2 of 1, if the number wasn't so low I wouldn't have bothered to even buy the part but as soon as I learned there was only 2 I was like Oh I need to Jump on it!

281 - 295 of 295 Posts