Supra Forums banner

81 - 100 of 123 Posts

·
Low Mile Supras
638 Posts
I made it clear on there to only go with Getrag or Tremec if they make V160 parts. Just imagine buying a used v160 with “new from Toyota” gears that are remanned from Subaru or bmw.

·
Administrator
8,313 Posts
I made it clear on there to only go with Getrag or Tremec if they make V160 parts. Just imagine buying a used v160 with “new from Toyota” gears that are remanned from Subaru or bmw.
Getrag is owned by Dana Corp now I believe.

·
Low Mile Supras
638 Posts
Well just imagine if Getrag wouldn’t help out, and they have gear sets made by a company that does an inferior job. Would defeat the purpose completely and cause a hit or miss on what you get second hand. Only Tremec can make a trans just as well. Call me a fanboy.

·
Supraforums Member
697 Posts
I registered my Supra with Toyota (online) and sent a message asking them to forward the survey to me. Interestingly, I got a response from Toyota N.A. saying that they couldn't forward it to me because the survey isn't being sent by them... Anyone else encounter this?

·
Administrator
8,313 Posts
I registered my Supra with Toyota (online) and sent a message asking them to forward the survey to me. Interestingly, I got a response from Toyota N.A. saying that they couldn't forward it to me because the survey isn't being sent by them... Anyone else encounter this?
Same here.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I hope they see quite a few of us registering on their site as a result of the survey. Would suck to hear them cop out and say there wasnt enough responses due to use of improper channels. Or at least not letting us get up to speed with their website.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I got this email and just filled it out. Since I'm planning on doing a manual swap, I went for drive line pieces and petal assemblies. I didn't have the part numbers but I was almost literally begging for as many parts as possible.

·
Supraforums Member
697 Posts
well i'd imagine they have an outside company handling the survey info compilation.

I agree, but any ideas on how those of us with Supras get the survey to provide feedback since Toyota N.A. doesn't seem to have the ability to direct the outside company to contact us?

·
Scotch Scotch Scotch
3,483 Posts
I hope they see quite a few of us registering on their site as a result of the survey. Would suck to hear them cop out and say there wasnt enough responses due to use of improper channels. Or at least not letting us get up to speed with their website.
Normally I wouldn't register for something like this, however you bring a very valid point to the table, so I went ahead and registered as well.

·
Anime Dork
5,190 Posts
I agree, but any ideas on how those of us with Supras get the survey to provide feedback since Toyota N.A. doesn't seem to have the ability to direct the outside company to contact us?
I wish i could tell you i was surprised as anyone when i got the email and i haven't had my supra since 2014.

81 - 100 of 123 Posts