Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Formerly NA-TT
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say that my was fitted with a toyota styled hood scoop. It is the one you see on the sport edition of the 4runner. I will finally be getting the car back from the shop tomarrow (mon).

Just wondering if anyone has done this or desires to see pictures of it?

--Justin

·
Registered
639 Posts
I had the same idea before buying the Euro one.. I just went with the Euro one for ease of installation.. Please post some pics when you get it back... Thanks

·
Formerly NA-TT
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool, yeah, pictures tomarrow.

For anyone who has no idea what I am talking about here is a picture of the hood scoop on the 4runner

Mine is a "Toyota/Celica Style" hood scoop sold by Erebuni HERE

The picture is misleading. The scoop looks more like the 4runner's, but shorter. Don't know if Toyota sells the exact scoop on the 4runner.

Pics tomarrow.

--Justin

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
Looks like it should flow well with the lines of the supra, can't wait to see it

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
How much for the hood? Would it fit just as good as the supra hood? Which way would be cheaper? I am curious to see also.

·
TRNSFST
890 Posts
toysupra98 said:
How much for the hood? Would it fit just as good as the supra hood? Which way would be cheaper? I am curious to see also.
It's a hood scoop.

·
I rock like CRACK
1,010 Posts
The 4runner scoop is part of the hood, it has to be cut and molded. Sound like a lot of work instead of just the TRD part.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Mayo did that install on his hood scoop, well "he" didnt do it but you get my point. What he had to do was buy a new hood for the runner and cut it up.

·
Formerly NA-TT
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The fiberglass scoop was professionally molded to the hood. The scoop is about 120 bucks. The scoop could be cut and glued on like the euro one and have unsmoothed edges.

--Justin

·
ABM
497 Posts
where's the pix sonic?? :)

·
Formerly NA-TT
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Picking up at 4pm, work at 6. Either, between 4 and 6 or after 10pm.

Sorry. Taking a while.

--Justin

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
blacksupra94 said:
That guy RSAsupra has a 4runner hood scoop. There is lots of pics of his car in members ride section.
he's got the euro scoop :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts