Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

· powered down
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok boys and girls who else is tired of hearing GTR owners saying how great Nissan is and the GTR. Yes I know the car is quite amazing and thats why Toyota needs to step its game up and bring something to the table to compete! The closet thing we have right now is the IS-F which yes it is a fast car but its more luxurious then it is sports car. Is toyota going to relese the Lexus LFA? And when is the next toyota sports car supposed to hit the market? I am ready to be behind the wheel of a decent sports car again form totyota there is almost no point in having TRD anymore. So does anyone know when toyota plans on releasing anything to compete with Nissan??? last time we had a good sports car here in America was 1998 for the Twin Turbo Supra and 1993 for the AWD Celica All Trac Turbo.

Thanks,

· MUDKIP FARMER
11,112 Posts
Toyota has time and time again said it has no plans of releasing any new true sports cars in the near future, and quite frankly it is a very poor market for sports cars right now.

Designers from inside toyota have said "sports car" is a bit of a dirty word inside the corporation.

· powered down
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I highly doubt Toyota will release any thing with the "Toyota" badge, more then likely it will be a Lexus. Like the LF-A and IS-F, they are Toyota's sports cars.
Kinda what I figured but I heard they were merging with subaru and making a sports car??????

· powered down
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Toyota has time and time again said it has no plans of releasing any new true sports cars in the near future, and quite frankly it is a very poor market for sports cars right now.

Designers from inside toyota have said "sports car" is a bit of a dirty word inside the corporation.
Damn so they really just want to stay a family car company then this sucks!!!!!! I dont wnat to go the dark side and buy a nissan!!! lol

· This aggression will not stand, man.
5,305 Posts
I read that the LF-A is definitely gonna be produced. Only a matter of time...

... But I have a feeling that the $300k+ price tag is gonna turn a lot of people away. Lexus says they wanna compete with the high-end Ferrari's, Lambo's, and Maserati's, but $300k for a Lexus is a little over the top.

· Registered
757 Posts
Didnt Toyota make #1 in worlwide sales? So they're making bank, no need to spend a couple bill in poor selling sport car development, right? They're doing quite well (considering the market) without one.

· iSketch Master!
12,497 Posts
There isn't a $300k+ price tag. Where did you hear that garbage from? And the car competes, or does better than most of those high-end vehicles.

Also the new president of Toyota (a Toyoda himself) is a motorsport enthusiast, hell he tests the LF-As himself (think he drove on in the 24hr race). He has said he would like to bring some soul, and sportiness back to Toyota. It has also been reported that the Toyobaru car will make it to production, and that would be in the near future. So that's the start.

Alex

· powered down
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There isn't a $300k+ price tag. Where did you hear that garbage from? And the car competes, or does better than most of those high-end vehicles.

Also the new president of Toyota (a Toyoda himself) is a motorsport enthusiast, hell he tests the LF-As himself (think he drove on in the 24hr race). He has said he would like to bring some soul, and sportiness back to Toyota. It has also been reported that the Toyobaru car will make it to production, and that would be in the near future. So that's the start.

Alex
So there is hope!!!!!

· Banned
112 Posts
Rscott22,
I"m with you on that but we all have to think outside the box? If Toyota was be built a sport car with this poor economy it will set them back just like GM, Ford, & Chrysler. Toyota are more focus on hybirds and fuel efficientcy.

I do hope they come out with a new sports car and I'm definitely hoping its not A/T.

· Exiled Supra Owner
3,986 Posts
Toyota may do well for the next 20 years, but my grandchildren may not want to drive grandpa’s car (i.e. Oldsmobile). I sure hope Toyota has a good ace up their sleeve to convince the future generation that they aren’t grandpa’s car.

· Registered
539 Posts
Toyota has only made 2 sports cars.

The 2000gt and the MR-2.

They surely need a good rear drive GT car but I'm pretty sure america has seen the last of toyota straight sixes unless they come up with a new engine family.

The instructors at lexus told me that the biggest reason for ditching the inline six was passenger compartment intrusion in the event of a bad wreck but then again........BMW is still rocking the inline six.

· iSketch Master!
12,497 Posts
I don't believe that crap. I've never seen a freaking block enter the passenger area. Wtf? Even if it did, no one sits on the center console. :lol:

You'd have to plow into a 4foot thick concrete wall at 100mph to get that thing next to you!

That's a promising link as well. I don't know why they would make a car like that that is supposed to use a boxer engine. Seemed like they were going the route of a hatch, and something much smaller. Would be cool if it was similar to that.

Alex

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.