Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Fan of Stock Twins
249 Posts
According to the article, "No accidents have been reported due to the defect.."

I think people should appreciate the fact that Toyota is being proactive about this issue.
Toyota decided to recall because of something that *might* happen, whereas many other carmakers will do a recall only *after* a large number of cases have already happened.

·
iSketch Master!
9,044 Posts
why do you hope your gs isnt one of them??? Take it in if it is they fix it for free. I dont see why this would cause accidens. Seems like it would prevent you from gettin out of the car, which could be bad IF you already get into some kind of bad accident.

Oh and RedBeauty84ZX what the hell are you sayin umm no for??? Ive only heard of one other recall from Lexus, which had something to do with the headlights of RX3xx's

Alex

Alex

·
NFA Pimp
2,735 Posts
There are recalls all the time on vehicles. Work in a dealership or a shop, they have bulletins all the time where they recall different parts of car. Most of the time when you see a recall on the news, it's going to be a safety item.

·
Captain Hammer
2,020 Posts
Toyota has many recalls, and not one of them has been goverment forced, Toyota has been proactive about every recall. One of the latest recalls is on some new Tacomas, when firestone tires where being installed on rims, the installer was messing up the beads, so Toyota is bringing them all in to be inspected.

·
Banned
381 Posts
Alx2785 said:
why do you hope your gs isnt one of them??? Take it in if it is they fix it for free. I dont see why this would cause accidens. Seems like it would prevent you from gettin out of the car, which could be bad IF you already get into some kind of bad accident.

Oh and RedBeauty84ZX what the hell are you sayin umm no for??? Ive only heard of one other recall from Lexus, which had something to do with the headlights of RX3xx's

Alex

Alex

Maybe you should actually do a 30 second search before asking me that question...

I'll help you out...heres a list of some recalls lexus has had over the past 16 years:
http://www.internetautoguide.com/auto-recalls/01-int/lexus/index.html

·
Weapon of Mass Affection
3,780 Posts
Toyota does not "declare" recalls, and they are always by choice and not government forced because of POLITICS. As much as I dislike Toyota Mo Co, and their efforts to bootleg their competition in recent years, it is true. This is one case where the ball is never in Toyotas court, they are unfairly forced to have these service bulletins and voluntary fixes because of Detriot lobbyists. On a flip side and a positive note for the corporation; they are able to hide these fixes from consumers who don't know this. If this was Cadillac people would say it was going to happen sooner or later. This is all about media perception, and unfortunately nobody wins.

·
Fan of Stock Twins
249 Posts
TrueSlideXL said:
Toyota does not "declare" recalls, and they are always by choice and not government forced because of POLITICS. As much as I dislike Toyota Mo Co, and their efforts to bootleg their competition in recent years, it is true. This is one case where the ball is never in Toyotas court, they are unfairly forced to have these service bulletins and voluntary fixes because of Detriot lobbyists. On a flip side and a positive note for the corporation; they are able to hide these fixes from consumers who don't know this. If this was Cadillac people would say it was going to happen sooner or later. This is all about media perception, and unfortunately nobody wins.
What ? :scratch:

·
Ludicrous speed! GO!
959 Posts
Bah - a seat belt part. Its not like there was a major design flaw in the engine/transmission that totally screws the cars over. Compared to the American Big 3, its a hiccup.

·
Never narc'd on nobody
3,246 Posts
Toyota doesn't have "recalls" they have bulletins and campaigns. Difference is that they are voluntary.

There's campaigns all the time.....you just don't here about them very much, because most of them don't involved anything spectacular.

They're in the middle of a HUGE campiagn on all 89-95 4R's and trucks.....replacing the steering center link for free in totally had 17 y/o trucks in the name of safety :lol: No other manufacturer does that.....

·
Vanilla
1,458 Posts
Northof49 said:
They're in the middle of a HUGE campiagn on all 89-95 4R's and trucks.....replacing the steering center link for free in totally had 17 y/o trucks in the name of safety :lol: No other manufacturer does that.....
The Mitsubishi transfer case recall in '99 or so. Brought my then, 8 year old, 160k mile car in, and got a new xfer, no questions asked.

·
Never narc'd on nobody
3,246 Posts
TheGVR4kid said:
The Mitsubishi transfer case recall in '99 or so. Brought my then, 8 year old, 160k mile car in, and got a new xfer, no questions asked.
Was it actually a big problem tho?

With the center link on those 4x4's.....one's never broken in Canada, and a handful have broken in the US.....out of roughly a million units. Keeping in mind that shit breaks on old vehicles all the time...

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
attie4 said:
1st recall in 16 years. not bad.
I doubt it's the first recall for Lexus. Still among luxury brands nothing really comes close overall to Lexus lack of problems/recalls.

·
Vanilla
1,458 Posts
Northof49 said:
Was it actually a big problem tho?

With the center link on those 4x4's.....one's never broken in Canada, and a handful have broken in the US.....out of roughly a million units. Keeping in mind that shit breaks on old vehicles all the time...
Not really, I only remember 1 person having it lock up on them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts