Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont get it!!! Toyota says one size of piston rings fit all bore sizes and that there were 5 standard bore sizes. WTF Then I get quoted 195.00 for rings only and $90 a piston which ='s $730 and thats not including tax :dunno: Can someone here enlighten me a little about this situation?PLEASE

·
475RWHP 449TQ and climing
5,911 Posts
You are getting robbed, and misiformation. I get pistons for 40.00 each! Aet the pistons on ebay with rings!

·
Stock Boost SUX
1,660 Posts
No shit. For $700, might as well get some forged aftermarket pistons.

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,351 Posts
Champion Toyota sells 7M pistons for between $30-40 each.

Ring set is about $130-140, and no, it's not 1 size for all of them.

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
for 720 you can get je forged pistons from mvpmotorsports, which are alot better than stock, but that doesnt include rings.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can get ITM pistons with chromoly rings for $149.00 even a set. I run an engine and transmission repair shop and can get engine parts at cost but I am also limited to what they stock. They said ITM will be able to handle the power I am looking for, but the cost kind of scares me. However if they were sold to retail then the cost would be around $400 a set.

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
cnewingham said:
I can get ITM pistons with chromoly rings for $149.00 even a set. I run an engine and transmission repair shop and can get engine parts at cost but I am also limited to what they stock. They said ITM will be able to handle the power I am looking for, but the cost kind of scares me. However if they were sold to retail then the cost would be around $400 a set.

If u run an engine and repair shop do the MKIII friendly thing and help everyone get Forged Internals for cheap.

·
475RWHP 449TQ and climing
5,911 Posts
"you file the rings to fit...." I was not under the impression that the toyoata rings are file to fit.....lol Interesting statement Drjonze.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts