Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
That MKIV wing does not match the car. They chopped it to make it more narrow and the top of it lines up with the middle of the rear hatch glass. The TRD wing they showed is a better fit. This wing just looks goofy.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I actually wonder what people think of it
like general people, or toyota supra enthusiasts ?

because the latter is what you get here. we are the people that are disappointed bmw hijacked our car. in here, its not cool that supra's are being puked out of a german factory, complete with a Siamese head rear timing chain bmw abomination "engines". and no manual. but yea, heritage man its cool.

·
2,024 Posts
Heritage? Was this one designed and manufactured like all the other Supra models before it?
Heritage? Is a wing all it takes? If so I present the following example with even more heritage...

This car was actually designed and manufactured by Toyota. So give it a wing and it's a Supra!

·
Administrator
8,346 Posts
I identify as a heritage edition. I was born a BMW but mentally I've always felt I was a supra heritage edition.

·
2,024 Posts
I identify as a heritage edition. I was born a BMW but mentally I've always felt I was a supra heritage edition.
Since you opened up that can of worms... :ROFLMAO:

Motorcyclist Who Identifies As Bicyclist Sets Cycling World Record

For those who aren't sure it's called satire/humor. :unsure:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Oh BMW, you just messed with the body kit and the lights.... sounds very..... ricey.

Seriously YAWWWNNNNNNN. I can't yawn hard enough. Boring, next.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Watch TRD make a swap kit that fits 2JZ into this chassis.... lolz.
Cool as that would be, modern wiring systems are an absolute nightmare thanks to CAN-bus. Map light changed? Might cause your ABS to malfunction.

Mostly kidding. Not really though.

·
Registered
924 Posts
A true "conversion kit" would address this issue with a canbus module that works on 2jz electronics.
Flyin Miata does something along these lines for their conversions of ND Miatas with LS3 setups. Hot Rod did a whole article on it to showcase what modern tinkering was like at a high end level.

Turns out us nerd types have some clever solutions to difficult hurdles. That said, I love how simple canbus connectivity is, my gauge cluster is a total of four wires and can tell me nearly any variable or condition the ecu knows.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yep, you can retrofit any car with CANBUS (superior logging) if you do the research necessary..... or wait for someone else to do it for you and make a part you can just buy from them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts