Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have 89 tail lights for sell in Colorado I am looking for a whole set including the center garnish lmk and another question is the cxr racing turbo kit worth buying for my N/A mk3 Supra?

·
Registered
832 Posts
hello. there is a WTB section you can post parts wanted in. you might get better traction there.

cx turbo kit. no way. I mean why really? you can get

1. oem turbo manifold and run stock ct26 or improved version of ct26 and it bots on

2. bolting shit up is the easiest part because the supra came with a turbo, so you can copy oem setup but just imrpove the intercooler and hard pipes

2.5-- the turbo intake, even just the upper and throttle body bolts on to your 7mge head/lower intake

2.75 7mgte ran 440 injectors. absolutely need these. they are everywhere for decent value

3. electronics. you need to either convert the car to 7mgte wiring and ecu OR install stand alone ecu. the latter is advisable because the old electronics are just that --old and antiquated.

if you are keeping 7mge compression (but adding arp head studs and new hg) you have to go stand alone so you can control the timing and not blow up the higher compression setup. the compression of the GE is fine for pump up to maybe 15psi, provided the tune is safe

I was in your boat and went with oem electronics and a piggy back. some reading:

·
Registered
1989 turbo/targa/auto 82k and bpu
111 Posts
While you can source parts to bolt a stock ct26 to an NA engine, the oil feed and return lines will not bolt up...you'll need to custom make those. If my memory serves correct, the feed and drain ports are not machined in the GE block...
If I was gonna go as far as pulling the head for any reason on a 7mge...and wanted a turbo...I'd source a rebuildable 7mgte core and start with a refreshed gte bottom end..
Or just go 1/2jz and call it a day...
But that's me...
As for tail lights...good luck. Watch ebay and be ready to spend $500+ for decent set of 89-92 taillights in decent condition. You may well findinga whole car in rough shape with decent tail lights for similar money if you hunt and arent afraid to drive awhile to haul it home...seems like everyone wants 89+ tails

·
Registered
832 Posts
the oil feed is there on the ge block, just need a fitting and line kit

the return, you can add a bung to the oil pan either weld on or bolt on. then use -an lines

yes rebuild is the way to start from. I rebuilt my ge block with oem gte pistons, ground the crank and used felpro mls mhg and arp studs.

ge and gte head are virtually identical. cams are slightly different. heads are rare, either works just fine as the castings are identical.

carefully rebuilt and assembled...7m holds 400whp provided that motor is fueled right and not detonating

1 - 4 of 4 Posts