Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Pig Benis
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I just wanted to create this thread because a previous thread regarding 1 of toysport's employees was closed..

i used to work there as an assistant mechanic a few years back and in the short period of employment there, there was a lot of shady employees there. The head manager (brother of the owner from what i heard?) wouldnt pay his employees correctly, or just do anything possible to not pay up. The manager there Ok'd de-greasing and re-painting old parts and installed as "new". One incident i can recall that was a shocker to me was....

Some kid and his dad brought in their N/A automatic MKIV. They paid a ton of money for a TT VVTi swap + 6speed. 1 of the mechanics there (previous member of SF forums and a big scammer himself) took it out for a test spin and blew the rear diff by launching it and taking it sideways around the block. The manager informed the customer they came in with a blew diff and had to have it replaced for a few thousand as new. They ordered us to degrease and respray an old diff they picked up at a local junkyard and install it. They had dirty practices and doesnt seem like much has changed.

What i remember last of this place is that they moved to hawthorne from what i heard. And before that scammer mechanic quit, he pulled a midnight heist on the place and robbed 5 customer cars, as well as his own to make it seem as if he was also a victim.

If this thread is unneccessary, then please delete. Just thought i'd pitch in :)

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
are they in hawthorne,ca? if so, can you get me an address. i used to live there and i want to know if i've seen the shop.
thanks.

·
Hayai Kuruma!
1,357 Posts
a girl made a thread that this place owes her wheels.
That girl ur referring to is me, and yes I NEVER GOT MY WHEELS or FULL REFUND.
The guy that screwed me over is Mario, and he still owes me $500 and another member on here who also got the deal the same time we ordered, Nitecruiser, and he also did not recieve his rims, and is also still owed $500.

I tried soo many times getting a hold of him, but no luck. I even called Toysport in Hawthorne and they had said Mario had quit or got fired and stole a bunch of parts. I believe the owner's name is Joel.

So basically that ass wipe Mario ripped both of us 1000 and probably has the rims somewhere or sold them for more. Bastard.:madfawk:

but its okay, God doesn't sleep.
I still managed to buy another set of wheels + tires a few months after the incident, for a lot cheaper and it got here less than a month from Japan... never had time 2 post pictures but if I ever see Mario in person... he better run:rant:
I haven't seen the original seller who was or is a member on here, Hung, post on here anymore, unless he changed his sn, but whatevers. I'm way over it.
I could of easily scored on revenge or getting even, but I let it go. Good luck to the OP of this thread. I closed my previous thread because of some lame 'fake' comments of recent.

God Speed,
Cherish :angel:

ps "What comes around, goes around...What you lay upon someone else, will come back to you tenfold..."

·
Hayai Kuruma!
1,357 Posts
are they in hawthorne,ca? if so, can you get me an address. i used to live there and i want to know if i've seen the shop.
thanks.
No they are from Lawndale, but pretty damn close to Hawthorne.

Here's their info:

TOYSPORT
(310) 643-6432

Address: 15705 Condon Ave # D1
Lawndale, CA

AND IF U CLICK ON THE WEBSITE, WHO'S WHITE SUPRA IS THAT???

peace,
Cherish

·
<IXOYE><
356 Posts
I too was a mechanic there for a few. I have to admit JOEL and all his relatives are very shady. They would only pay me like once a month and when i would ask for it he was like all pissed like he is going out of his way to pay me or something.

Toysport is sinking and they have been for years. I would seriously caution anyone who buys or gets work done there. I finally quit that place becasue I was asked to do TOO MANY wack things on peoples cars that is was waaaaaay over the line. USE CAUTION when working with them.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
That girl ur referring to is me, and yes I NEVER GOT MY WHEELS or FULL REFUND.
The guy that screwed me over is Mario, and he still owes me $500 and another member on here who also got the deal the same time we ordered, Nitecruiser, and he also did not recieve his rims, and is also still owed $500.

I tried soo many times getting a hold of him, but no luck. I even called Toysport in Hawthorne and they had said Mario had quit or got fired and stole a bunch of parts. I believe the owner's name is Joel.

So basically that ass wipe Mario ripped both of us 1000 and probably has the rims somewhere or sold them for more. Bastard.:madfawk:

but its okay, God doesn't sleep.
I still managed to buy another set of wheels + tires a few months after the incident, for a lot cheaper and it got here less than a month from Japan... never had time 2 post pictures but if I ever see Mario in person... he better run:rant:
I haven't seen the original seller who was or is a member on here, Hung, post on here anymore, unless he changed his sn, but whatevers. I'm way over it.
I could of easily scored on revenge or getting even, but I let it go. Good luck to the OP of this thread. I closed my previous thread because of some lame 'fake' comments of recent.

God Speed,
Cherish :angel:

ps "What comes around, goes around...What you lay upon someone else, will come back to you tenfold..."

+1983265635862630174

·
Pig Benis
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
No they are from Lawndale, but pretty damn close to Hawthorne.

Here's their info:

TOYSPORT
(310) 643-6432

Address: 15705 Condon Ave # D1
Lawndale, CA

peace,
Cherish

they've had that supra for a very long time i've noticed. They claimed it was someone's supra from japan :/

They had it parked in the garage all the time, along with that GSv300 (twin turbo 2jz)

Yes, Joel is EXTREMELY cheap on how he pays his employees. he always claims he doesnt have money. As for mario, i do remember him from a few years back when I worked there. Although i rarely communicated with him, he didn't seem like such a bad guy. I guess toysport's shitty salary forced him to do what he did.

I wouldnt be surprised if toysport was in on this with mario. When the place got robbed when i worked there, joel almost had no reaction when we walked in that morning and noticed thousands of customer's parts were missing. It's as if he didnt care....COPS WERE NEVER CALLED

btw cherish, did Hung have something to do with this? I've seen hung once when i was at toysport. He drove a green 240 from what i remember. Was he somehow involved in this? I have no idea how this company is still operating

·
To the MSB BAtman!
1,690 Posts
Hung was just the middle man and his name should not be accused wrongly in this thread. He has done everything he could to return suprachick's. and Nitecruiser's money back. that situation and time is over.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Hung was just the middle man and his name should not be accused wrongly in this thread. He has done everything he could to return suprachick's. and Nitecruiser's money back. that situation and time is over.
well said!

·
Mr. 2JZUL8R
6,024 Posts

peace,
Cherish

Its Joel's Supra. TRD gave it to him for his role in Toyota Motorsports in America. Joel goes waaaaaaaaay back in the Toyota community and with Toyota as a business. In the 80-90's he was BIG!!! What u have seen of Joel's "toys" in his showrooms are probably only a .5% of what he has. The man has whearhouses' of stuff. Joel has Toyota parts AND cars that would make u guys bow down! :hail:

·
Hayai Kuruma!
1,357 Posts
First of all Daniel,
If you go back and actually read my inital post, I WAS NOT ACCUSING HUNG of actually being the one who FUCKED me over. If you read it, I was only mentioning MARIO BEING THE ASSWIPE WHO FUCKED ME OVER...
If I mentioned Hung's name it was only to use him as reference as the person who directed me to Mario in the first place....
geez dude, I know he's ur best buddy and there's beef btw me and the whole immature generation on here, (no need to mention names because you know who u fuckin are).
You know I'm really gettin sick of these people talkin shit behind my back and for what? WHAT DID I DO TO ANYONE? HAVE I SCAMMED ANYONE? HAVE I STOLEN MONEY AND WALKED AWAY? I was the one who got screwed over...
So what if I made a thread calling certain people out about the bad deal on the rims...If you were in my situation, YOU WOULD DO THE SAME DAMN THING.
If I can recall very well, I treated the people involved who r hating on me now, with the utmost respect, and have gone out of my way to be the nicest person 2 all of u; doing favors, dinners, blah blah. I wonder where all of them r now? Ask yourselves this: What have I done to you? thought so...
Joe was right, there's no way I would win throughout any of this...because I'm not on Mr. Ken Henderson status (no ill regards to Mr. Henderson because he's been nothing but kind to me), but just noticed that you only gotta be like uber popular with mega watt mods to hang with "the elite crew" or be on the "fuck now" crew....

4 all who don't understand my little rant, I sincerely apologize...
I'm just really sick of these back whispers and shit talking, esp. when I haven't done anything. Nothing but immature bandwagoner haters.
Grow up, we all have a passion for supras...

EDIT: One last thing... I AM WAAAAAY OVER IT, have been... are u ?

·
Pig Benis
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Its Joel's Supra. TRD gave it to him for his role in Toyota Motorsports in America. Joel goes waaaaaaaaay back in the Toyota community and with Toyota as a business. In the 80-90's he was BIG!!! What u have seen of Joel's "toys" in his showrooms are probably only a .5% of what he has. The man has whearhouses' of stuff. Joel has Toyota parts AND cars that would make u guys bow down! :hail:
wow..that i did not know. Surprised he was so huge in the community and he runs his biz like garbage. The GS and the Supra were two sweet cars. He daily drove a old Cressida...he sure seems to know how to hide his "baller-ness"

btw, i see your RIP urbano sig.... i met urbano a few months before his accident at his shop. his RHD MK3 was def the sweest MK3 i've ever seen. on topic, i heard he also worked at toysport prior to me working there.

and suprachik, i would tell you to calm your horses, but i'm sure your ranting is justifiable in all this :)

·
To the MSB BAtman!
1,690 Posts
Cherish i dont believe i was refering to you bringing up hung. i saw onesingle asking if he had anything to do with it and i wanted to put out there that hung was clean. I see you have your views of what you think i am.

SO i am going to respond to these assuming this is a personal rant to me. if not then disregard them.

So what if I made a thread calling certain people out about the bad deal on the rims...If you were in my situation, YOU WOULD DO THE SAME DAMN THING.
yes it is extremely unfortunate what has happend to seto and yourself.

If I can recall very well, I treated the people involved who r hating on me now, with the utmost respect, and have gone out of my way to be the nicest person 2 all of u; doing favors, dinners, blah blah. I wonder where all of them r now?"
I dont see how anyone can hate a person who helps out as much as you do. so if i am one of the MANY accused to be hating.. you can scratch me off cause i am not.

Joe was right, there's no way I would win throughout any of this...because I'm not on Mr. Ken Henderson status (no ill regards to Mr. Henderson because he's been nothing but kind to me), but just noticed that you only gotta be like uber popular with mega watt mods to hang with "the elite crew" or be on the "fuck now" crew...."
So i am going to answer this thinking it was directed to me since you use "you" and you started this whole response with my Name.

I believe you were the one said you were tired of people talking behind others back? so if you are going to listen to joe the whole day on how much he knows me then do yourself a favor and call me sometime and i can tell you exactly who i am because you have no idea.

Again these responses were based on if those comments were directed to me. if you are confused at all what was written here today feel free to contact me and we can discuss it.

Hope all is well with you.

Take care

Daniel

·
Mr. 2JZUL8R
6,024 Posts
btw, i see your RIP urbano sig.... i met urbano a few months before his accident at his shop. his RHD MK3 was def the sweest MK3 i've ever seen. on topic, i heard he also worked at toysport prior to me working there.
yup. if u were in Mike's shop in Santa Fe Springs (2004-2005) u should have seen my mk3 there as well (mid 2j swap) and or a couple other projects he had going. i now work in that same exact complex just a few units down, building car audio systems and motorsport installs. Mike was one of my best freinds and was like a father to me. He did used to work at Toysport waaay back in the days and even until his death continued doing small jobs there. Mainly wiring since he was the only guy in socal who could make any Toyota run! :)

·
Pig Benis
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yup. if u were in Mike's shop in Santa Fe Springs (2004-2005) u should have seen my mk3 there as well (mid 2j swap) and or a couple other projects he had going. i now work in that same exact complex just a few units down, building car audio systems and motorsport installs. Mike was one of my best freinds and was like a father to me. He did used to work at Toysport waaay back in the days and even until his death continued doing small jobs there. Mainly wiring since he was the only guy in socal who could make any Toyota run! :)
yea it was the one in santa fe springs. Although i've only met him in person once, he was a cool dude. The shop floor was so damn clean i couldnt believe they worked on engines in there. When i met urbano, he was actually working on a 2j. He seemed like a cool dude..looked happy as well. As for him and Toysport, i never saw him around there..but then again i wasnt around toysport for too long due to joel's terrible practices.

Anyway, it seems the message i wanted to get across about toysport was already well-known. Majority of the time, the service of toysport wasnt too shabby. It's just when they saw an opportunity to save themselves money, or when things went south for them, the didnt take responsibility for it

·
Mr. 2JZUL8R
6,024 Posts
^^^ heh. here was December '04 at Mike shop. My 7m pulled and awaiting 2j swappage, Corona in background, and Mike's bike under the tarp:

·
Banned
1,293 Posts
I remember seeing your car there. It was at the same time that my friends from vegas was doing his 1jz swap on his MK3 and mike was doing his wiring harness. Its been a while for you nick........me too from my tercel lol

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
wow this brings back bad memories. wheni went single and upgraded my fuel, i traded Mario my stock rail and injectors for credit toward an AEM UEGO gauge. i paid the difference in cash, well i never got it. when he got fired and Joel contacted me i explained the situation to him, but i had no paperwork to back everything up cause Mario never used receipts. so im out 200 bucks and a rail with injectors.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts