Supra Forums banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
the 2j in my mkIII supposedly came from the white trd mkIV.it was bought with a harness to do the swap,but never ran right.upon pulling the harness appart,i found it was nothing but a 7m harness.they just grafted the jz plug's onto the 7m harness,ecu plug's and all.some of the wire's were just twisted together and not even soldiered or crimped.they charged a $1000 for the harnees,which is now in a trash bag being used for part's.

the motor however is real clean inside and doesn't appear to have many mile's.it had a nice cross hatch still on the cylinder wall's and no tarnished part's at all.

really not as bad as many other people's issue's with this company

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Dang... I remember posting on the old "toysport = S(*&" thread... LOL.... last I remember doing business was with Mario too and holy S(*& besides being slow as tar coming down the side of a building.... the dude looked at you like if you owed him something. I remember standing on the corner looking at the VPC unit that I was going to buy and he wouldn't even take it out of the glass case until I showed him the money... mind you.... I had to wait for him to get off the F(*& phone while he was yapping in tagalog to his family.... I may not look flip but damn it I know what he was saying my mothers side of the family shows me being latin more then anything but this ass was just rambling about his plans for the weekend and blah blah blah. Hate that place... surprised they're still around!

·
Registered
256 Posts
I'm new to the Supra forum and its good people write up this kind of post about companies...its like a warning for other members and new one like me.
I just wish we have one here for none company too private seller.
Two weeks ago I made a deal and I feel like I lost my thousand dollars down payment.
But I still have faith in him so I'll wait a bit more.
Thank you for the info about Toysport....sad because most of my jdm parts for my 1st gen celica came from them.

·
i always say toyota !
2,761 Posts
I'm new to the Supra forum and its good people write up this kind of post about companies...its like a warning for other members and new one like me.
I just wish we have one here for none company too private seller.
Two weeks ago I made a deal and I feel like I lost my thousand dollars down payment.
But I still have faith in him so I'll wait a bit more.
Thank you for the info about Toysport....sad because most of my jdm parts for my 1st gen celica came from them.
if you feel like you are losing your money, do something ASAP. cuz scammer usually ask you to wait wait wait wait wait wait and wait............

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm very surprise to hear this. I bought a lot of parts from Mario years ago, 98-00. I never had any problems with parts and getting them replaced or refunded. Guess he decided to turn on everyone. I have a fellow Celica guy who sent his car there for a swap. They are/have been trying to get the new V6 from the IS350 into his 85 Celica. They say they've run into a problem with the oil pan and the crossmember. It has been months with no progress. I saw this a short time after he sent his car and notified him. He's worried now. Will have to keep on waiting and hope for the best.

·
Registered
111 Posts
the 2j in my mkIII supposedly came from the white trd mkIV.it was bought with a harness to do the swap,but never ran right.upon pulling the harness appart,i found it was nothing but a 7m harness.they just grafted the jz plug's onto the 7m harness,ecu plug's and all.some of the wire's were just twisted together and not even soldiered or crimped.they charged a $1000 for the harnees,which is now in a trash bag being used for part's.
I can't condone poor built quality or the fact that your car never ran right, but modifying a 7M harness with 1JZ bits seems like a perfectly acceptable way to build a wiring harness, especially if they used brand new parts. There's no such thing as a LHD 1JZ harness, so no matter who you buy it from, it has undergone modification of SOME kind.

·
dig deep. drift hard.
128 Posts
I can't condone poor built quality or the fact that your car never ran right, but modifying a 7M harness with 1JZ bits seems like a perfectly acceptable way to build a wiring harness, especially if they used brand new parts. There's no such thing as a LHD 1JZ harness, so no matter who you buy it from, it has undergone modification of SOME kind.
this almost sounds like your trying to defend toy sport here?

·
Registered
111 Posts
this almost sounds like your trying to defend toy sport here?
Lol I don't know anything about these specific sour deals. Just replying to tsuper92's specific criticism that "they just grafted the jz plug's onto the 7m harness,ecu plug's and all" and defending the fact that all LHD JZ-swap harnesses are modified hybrids between US and JDM harnesses unless made from scratch (which I've never heard of anyone doing). If they weren't connected properly and were falling apart, that's a seperate issue, so criticize that all you like, but to say that it's not proper to take bits of the 7M harness and bits of the JZ harness to make a 'swap harness' means to criticize pretty much every single shop that does JZ swaps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My experience with toysport and some of their reference mechanics wasn't helping at all.

they took 4months to get my electric fan setup for a swap i had done a while back.. I always thought they were that busy... hehe i guess this thread makes ALOT of sense now. btw i called just about everyday for those 4 months. i gave them hell for that fan.

the mechanics are a different story. some guy working off a shop with no secure space to store customer cars.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I took my car to this shop years ago for a TT engine and 6 speed swap. Needless to say my new parts that I paid for were replaced with used parts and the car never ran right. After many years I was able to take Joel Luz to court. After being at court for 4 days and Joel completely lying on the stand, the judge say through his BS and awarded me all my money back plus a little more. Anyone need Joel’s up to date info, I got it. Now I get the fun process of trying to get my money from this asswipe.

·
Exiled Supra Owner
3,703 Posts
I'm glad you the court ruled in your favor, serves people with bad business practice right.

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
wow. he is still somewhat respected in the 1st gen celica community. I was going to take a look at a few cars he was selling until I read this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey crash override. I don't have a supra but looking for a ,mechanic to do a swap on my 3000gt. sl I want to drop a vr4 engine and suspension in it.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts