Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
« f ï z z | ë »
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
saw your new sig... wow 190k miles... hopefully my car car will go that far without any major probs... my white supra has 105k and my dad's black one has 133k on it... we just had the starter changed on the SE... no major probs yet on our cars... gotta love the supra :p ... i wanted to ask you about the HIDs you got from ranger498... how do they look compared to stock? compared to the HIDs on mercedes or bmw cars? and was it worth the money? just wondering because my next project might to save for either HIDs (maybe the stage 2 HID kit) or finally start the stereo system or get headers (if someone comes out with good quality ones by that time). lateZ

·
road hazard
452 Posts
hey, whats up. yea, i just hit 190k couple days ago. toyotas kick ass! just maintain em and they'll last forever. i had the starter on my car go out about a year ago.

as for the HIDs, they're awesome. well worth the money and ranger498 is a great person to do business with. they make the stock lights look yellow, seriously. here's a pic of my HIDs with stock fog bulbs...

when you first turn them on, they have a tint of blue. but once they're heated, they turn completely bright white. i'll mop up a short video clip for you tomorrow if you want. the lighting is perfect for my taste because they don't look ricey yet they luminate the entire road.

compared to bmws and benz, my HIDs don't have the bluish, purplish tint...but my lights are just as bright as theirs when lighting the roads. the newer benz/bmws have the stage2 kits that have the blue/purple tint. ~$100 more or less than the stage1 kit (mine are stage1).

if you want the bmw look, i'd say get the stage2 kit.

good luck on your future projects. if you need a hand, just ask.:)

i'm finished with my stereo and i already have an exhaust so now i'm working on my intake. once all the parts come in, it should be done by next week.:D

·
« f ï z z | ë »
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool... what intake are you gonna get?

·
road hazard
452 Posts
fedex just dropped it off today. i got an apexi intake w/ adaptor made for a mkiii turbo but bolts on perfectly on our n/as with the exception of longer bolts. here are a couple of pics...

i'm doing thomsoncharm's intake setup. i have a breather and intake pipe on order coming this week.

S

·
0 Posts
the pictures dont work... plz fix it =) I'd love tosee what the exhaust looks like on a supra *specially since im looking for one* thanks =)

Rob~

1 - 6 of 6 Posts