Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to set my TPS sensor and I'm having some difficulty. From what i have read the throttle plate is suppose to be open a crack and when you apply the vacuum source the plate is suppose to close. Then you set the TPS with an ohm meter and turn it till it deflects. I wanted to verify these instructions cause my throttle plate is completely closed whether i apply vacuum or not and might be the cause of my difficulties. If anyone has some info on the subject it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

· Banned
564 Posts
Throttle plate should be closed at all times at idle. That is why we have IAC (Idle Air Control) valve on the back of the intake manifold. Our TPS is controlled by the ECU, if you have AEM you can read TPS voltage and set it where you need it....on stock ECU you can't.

· Registered
2,198 Posts
Stringer Bell said:
Throttle plate should be closed at all times at idle. That is why we have IAC (Idle Air Control) valve on the back of the intake manifold. Our TPS is controlled by the ECU, if you have AEM you can read TPS voltage and set it where you need it....on stock ECU you can't.

Thats not true. It's right in the supra repain manual. You can set your TPS.

I have to do this as well soon.

· Registered
2,198 Posts
redsupra007 said:
I've been trying to set my TPS sensor and I'm having some difficulty. From what i have read the throttle plate is suppose to be open a crack and when you apply the vacuum source the plate is suppose to close. Then you set the TPS with an ohm meter and turn it till it deflects. I wanted to verify these instructions cause my throttle plate is completely closed whether i apply vacuum or not and might be the cause of my difficulties. If anyone has some info on the subject it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

If someone else doesn't beat me to it I'll update you later tonight on what the directions are. Maybe I can even take a picture of it out of my manual for you. Right now I'm busy. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.