Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Crazy Member
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The stock TPS (Turbo Pressure Sensor) that is bolted to the intake manifold has 1 electrical connector and 1 vacuum line port.... what is the vacuum line port for? and where does it need to run? Is this just a regular vacuum boost source?

I am single, with MAP ECU and all VSV's and EGR removed.

Thanks,

·
T88 YOU
3,567 Posts
the port runs off the intake manifold, it has a little filter between it, that is where it gets the reference from

·
Registered
103 Posts
SupraLizard said:
The stock TPS (Turbo Pressure Sensor) that is bolted to the intake manifold has 1 electrical connector and 1 vacuum line port.... what is the vacuum line port for? and where does it need to run? Is this just a regular vacuum boost source?
TPS = throttle position sensor
MAP = manifold absolute pressure

the vacuum line connects to the plenum so the MAP sensor can detect the manifold pressure

·
Old School
4,126 Posts
rewindspline said:
TPS = throttle position sensor
MAP = manifold absolute pressure

the vacuum line connects to the plenum so the MAP sensor can detect the manifold pressure
In Toyota-speak it is called a TPS. :)

·
Inline6Performance
1,482 Posts
SupraLizard said:

I am single, with MAP ECU and all VSV's and EGR removed.

Thanks,
I also run Map Ecu and single. I have the plug connected and the vaccum port open.

Mike

·
Premium Member
7,333 Posts
Wait, there's supposed to be a filter between the stock MAP sensor and the manifold? Is it one of those bulgy in-line units like the VPC uses?

·
Crazy Member
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You know what guys, after reading your responses... THANKS BTW.

I feel like an idiot... for some stupid reason I assumed that the TPS was tapped into the manifold (too much Beer with the car work) and I was wondering what the hell the vacuum port is for. Now I realize that the little air/fuel filter was the vacuum/pressure source. LOL. My stupidity. :doh:

Cheers,

·
T88 YOU
3,567 Posts
Troux said:
Wait, there's supposed to be a filter between the stock MAP sensor and the manifold? Is it one of those bulgy in-line units like the VPC uses?
the filter is actually a little acorn looking thing that is screwed into the intake manifold, its black.

mike, i would hook back up the map sensor, it controls 6 key functions in the ecu, primarily in fuel control.

·
2jz powered
1,688 Posts
SupraDupaFlyBoy said:
the filter is actually a little acorn looking thing that is screwed into the intake manifold, its black.

mike, i would hook back up the map sensor, it controls 6 key functions in the ecu, primarily in fuel control.
The little acorn looking thing is just a gas filter.

I didn't know the turbo pressure sensor on usdm supras had anything to do with the ecu. Everything that i've read shows that its there for boost cut and 9/12v operation of the fuel pump. I've never seen anything that mentioned the ecu using the turbo pressure sensor for any type of fuel adjustments.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts