Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to readjust my TPS sensor.. what's the voltage supposed to be at @ idle? I could do the whole ohms thing, but clip is very brittle and im scared!

My SSV4 reads out the TPS volts, so it would be easier for me to just set it to voltage rather then the whole FSM ohms way.

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The prob is i changed mine for the SSV4 setup by mistake not even thinking... now the car runs a little rough and the fuel MPG went from 25 to 18!!!!!!!1 I got it close and running better by the dirt marks, but it needs fine tuning.

Thanks!!!

·
GT40 1.5JZ
1,210 Posts
VJ RC51 said:
The prob is i changed mine for the SSV4 setup by mistake not even thinking... now the car runs a little rough and the fuel MPG went from 25 to 18!!!!!!!1 I got it close and running better by the dirt marks, but it needs fine tuning.

Thanks!!!
wow....I didn't know MPG could get that messed up from the TPS. I need a tps too.... might explain my crappy MPG

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
perf0rmance said:
wow....I didn't know MPG could get that messed up from the TPS. I need a tps too.... might explain my crappy MPG

well the MPG drop is also a combination of higher shift points and me fixing and using my AC now :sadance:

·
GT40 1.5JZ
1,210 Posts
well.... I'm using my emanage.

My TPS came off during the transport of my engine, and I had to put it back on, and I used my emanage to calibrate it. I'm not sure if it's correct, but from what I read on the forums, 3.63v is max for the TPS (2JZ). So, I set my max (100%) @ 3.61v, and the min set itself.

joseph

BTW, I'm pretty sure there's a "proper" way to set the tps, but I just don't know how to do that. Something along the lines of ohms and crap like that.... anyone have an extra TPS??? I need one for sure...

·
Premium Member
6,637 Posts
perf0rmance said:
well.... I'm using my emanage.

My TPS came off during the transport of my engine, and I had to put it back on, and I used my emanage to calibrate it. I'm not sure if it's correct, but from what I read on the forums, 3.63v is max for the TPS (2JZ). So, I set my max (100%) @ 3.61v, and the min set itself.

joseph

BTW, I'm pretty sure there's a "proper" way to set the tps, but I just don't know how to do that. Something along the lines of ohms and crap like that.... anyone have an extra TPS??? I need one for sure...

i was actually asking rick what he was using,
but usually voltage is between 0 and .9v and WOT is should read very close to 5v

but some EMS's read differnt.

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Im using the supra stick readout on my laptop to read the direct VTA1 signal off the sensor

·
Premium Member
6,637 Posts
VJ RC51 said:
Im using the supra stick readout on my laptop to read the direct VTA1 signal off the sensor

i though you had a power FC or something along those lines?

anyways what does it read?

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
2jzMK3 said:
i though you had a power FC or something along those lines?

anyways what does it read?
PFC doesn't go in til the turbo goes in. I just got home again kinda too lazy to get the readout, ill get it tomorrow night. Theres no where in the supra FSM i found for voltage, just ohms. Since my connector is already very brittle i dont wanna fuss with it til i pull the motor out and swap it out then.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts