Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finishing up putting the throttle body back on the manifold after removing the TRAC butterfly and welding the holes shut. I've been doing searches on the electronics part and I need someone to clarify things for me. Please let me know if this is correct:

1) Is the SUB-TPS and TRAC-TPS the same exact thing? Because I've seen both names used, I'm not sure if they are referring to the same thing.

2) I disconnect the SUB-TPS harness to prevent the hesitation during tip-in. This is the one on the passenger side.

3) If I get a code 47, I basically put the 3 resistors into the unplugged SUB-TPS harness.

4) What do I do with the actuator on the driver side, opposite the SUB-TPS?

Thanks.

·
Registered
638 Posts
question for you....where did you hear about #2 and have you tested this? What is the reasoning behind the hesitation? I have been dealing with a hesitation problem after doing a round of mods, one of which was removing the TRAC butterfly and welding the holes shut but still have my harness connected on both sides.......

Thanks for any info.

nautica2o3 said:
I'm finishing up putting the throttle body back on the manifold after removing the TRAC butterfly and welding the holes shut. I've been doing searches on the electronics part and I need someone to clarify things for me. Please let me know if this is correct:

1) Is the SUB-TPS and TRAC-TPS the same exact thing? Because I've seen both names used, I'm not sure if they are referring to the same thing.

2) I disconnect the SUB-TPS harness to prevent the hesitation during tip-in. This is the one on the passenger side.

3) If I get a code 47, I basically put the 3 resistors into the unplugged SUB-TPS harness.

4) What do I do with the actuator on the driver side, opposite the SUB-TPS?

Thanks.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Do you guys know how to set the TPS and Sub TPS back to factory specs? I'm having start up problems, I have to add alot of gas so it can start up. Once its started up it idle find right under 1K RPM.

I've been reading the factory repair manual and its not so straight forward with directions.

Thanks

·
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
The hesitation is caused by the ECU thinking that the Trac butterfly is closed. It's because when you took the Trac butterfly out, a spring inside the sub-TPS moved it to the closed position. I did what the other members did, I took the sensor and rotated it to the open position and glued it there. There's only one way to move it, the spring inside will move it to the closed position, just turn it the other way and hot glue it so it doesn't move back. This is the easiest way to get rid of the hesitation and not pick up any engine codes.

The other way to rid of the hesitation is to just unplug the harness to the sub-TPS sensor, so it doesn't read that the sub-TPS is closed. But this sometimes gives an engine code. Then you will have to use resistors in place of the sensor to trick the ECU into thinking that it is still connected.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts