Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone provide the trac ecu harness terminal wire details for a 95tt, for harnesses T9(A) and T10(B)? Mainly looking for which wires in the harness are 12v power, acc. 12v, and ground.

Thanks,
-Logan

B

·
0 Posts
Logan,

I used the power feed from my TRAC harness for my install, and I attached my ground directly to the chassis per RL instructions. Worked out well for me, and the ECU power was not affected.

-Bob

C

·
0 Posts
Logan,
When did you get your RL Traction Control? I am waiting for mine from Paul Wiffen and wanted to make sure that he did not forget about me!
Thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Bob,

That's what I'm looking for, which wire from the trac ecu harness was 12v power for your car? I know it'll probably be different than mine but I can start testing with a multimeter there. I forgot you previously mentioned a chassis ground so I guess all I need is that power line. That's the last wire I need to figure out, I found the injector and abs pulse wires needed. I plan on doing all wiring at the trac and ecm ecu, and like you, dont want to tap into the ecm power line. I found that the trac ecu also has the abs pulse signal wires, so no need to touch the abs ecu behind the radio. :)

Chester,

I haven't received it from Paul yet, hopefully this week. Just doing the research now so I can install it as soon as I receive it.

-Logan

·
Registered
332 Posts
Logan,

So when are we installing that bad boy? I think I just recovered from the fuel install last weekend :). So I'm looking for another excuse to cut the hell out of myself on a car(again);).

-Jon

BTW : order a new regulator last night.

B

·
0 Posts
Hey Logan,

I'll get back to you tommorrow with that wire location, the info is at home.

You are lucky to have the ABS sensor wires at the TRAC ecu, I had to connect directly to the ABS harness behind the radio which was a major PITA!

How/where are you planning to mount the slip controller? Did you get the launch and upshift features?

Bob

B

·
0 Posts
I can give you some feedback right now: The system works great! Check my earlier posts for a more detailed evaluation.

Bob

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Jon,

I'm still recovering from the fuel install, my hands look like I got into a fight with a rabid cat and lost! :box: I want to install it as soon as I receive it, hopefully by this friday. You ready to spend another 13 hours in the garage again? :D Glad it was JUST the the regulator! :bigok:

Hey Bob,

Thanks again, as usual! :D I appreciate ALL the info you've provided. I ended up just getting the adjustable slip and launch options and took your advice and stayed away from the full throttle shift option. I'm not sure where to install it yet, I like your install but I have my ebc installed there. I'll play around with different locations once I receive the unit.

Oh yeah, I've been meaning to drop you an email about your coolant reservoir/battery tie down quandry you posted on the the list, drop me an email when you have a moment. I found a solution that worked well for me.

-Logan

B

·
0 Posts
Hey Logan,

I used the A1 lead on the TRAC ECU as the power feed (Black/Red on my car) - that's a 30A relay controlled source, also the main supply for the trac so it shoud be enough for the RL - it's worked well so far.

Regarding the ABS wiring, are you sure you can connect the wheel sensor inputs at the trac ECU? My schematic does show 4 wires coming from the ABS ecu, but that looks like a conditioned output. OTOH, if it works, great!

Bob

C

·
0 Posts
logan,
What year is your car? I got a 98 and I also have the wire schematic book for the 98 year. Therefore if you have a 98 and if you don't have the wire diagram book, let me know if I can help you because I am going to be going through the same B.S real soon!

C

·
0 Posts
chester said:
logan,
What year is your car? I got a 98 and I also have the wire schematic book for the 98 year. Therefore if you have a 98 and if you don't have the wire diagram book, let me know if I can help you because I am going to be going through the same B.S real soon!
Sorry Logan I cannot read!

Where did you get the info on how to hook up the unit before you got the unit??

Thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bob,

Thanks for the info, unfortunately, my '95 doesn't have a A1 lead off the T9 (A) trac ecu. :( It does have a B1 lead off the T10 (B) harness though. Looks like i'll have to do some testing. Which section & page # of which manual are you able to find the trac ecu wire details? I've searched through the General manual - Vol. 1 as well as the electrical manual for 95's and haven't been able to find this info. I was thinking it's probably in the Vol. 2 manual, the one I don't have access to... Also, can you clarify, the 4 conditioned outputs that your schematic shows is off the abs ecu (behind the radio) or off the trac ecu (next to the ecm)? Thanks.

Chester,

I believe the wires needed for the install are the 6 injector wires, 4 abs pulse wires, a power and ground source.

-Logan

B

·
0 Posts
Logan,

The info is from page 170-171 of the 1997 electrical schematic manual. There is also a B1 input that supplies 12v, but that is a 12v constant from the look of things, at least for the 1997. It's also only a 10A feed, not big enough for the RL.

My schematic shows 4 signal wires going from the ABS ecu to the TRAC ecu. I'm not sure the purpose, but they are not the speed sensor wires that go directly to the ABS ecu - the ones you need to connect to. Again, that's the setup for the 1997 model which used a different traction control setup from the 1996-earlier models. The info I received from RL which illustrated J-spec and euro-spec also required hookup at the ABS ecu though, and I believe the trac system for those was similar to the 1996-earlier cars.

Bob

C

·
0 Posts
Bob,
I was looking in my 98 wire schematic guide and I noticed that the ABS speed sensor wire harnesses are all close to the corresponding wheels, did you tap in there or did you find a common place? If so where is it at. Better yet where did you tap into for everything?

thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey Bob,

I think I found all the information I need, it was in the Electrical manual the whole time... :doh: Just had to sit down and study it for a bit. I'll be sure to doublecheck the abs pulse sensor wires at the trac ecu. I've read of someone else sucessfully installing it at the trac ecu on a 94 so we'll see. Thanks again for all the info, I'll get in touch with you with an update.

Take care,
-Logan

B

·
0 Posts
Chester:

I connected the RL wheel speed inputs at the cooresponding wires at the abs ECU. If you have the electrical schematic manual this info should be included. If your manual doesn't have it let me know and I can email you a scan of that section of my manual - and a list of connection points if you need it.

Bob

·
Registered
54 Posts
We tapped the wires that go into the trac ecu mounted beside the engine ECU in the passenger footwell... That way you aren't messing with the actual signal the ABS computer uses.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey Billy,

Thanks for chiming in. Do you recall, or can you confirm, the 4 abs pulse wires at the trac ecu you tapped into were T9 (A) 20, 6, 19, and 7?

Thanks,
-Logan

·
Banned
945 Posts
Logan said:
Hey Billy,

Thanks for chiming in. Do you recall, or can you confirm, the 4 abs pulse wires at the trac ecu you tapped into were T9 (A) 20, 6, 19, and 7?

Thanks,
-Logan
Those are the wires.

Be sure to jack the car up and spin the tires with the unit in "graph mode" to be sure the proper RL wires are assigned to the proper wheels.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts