Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i own a 94 tt auto and just recently took out the trac fuse. now the overdrive off light keeps on blinking when it is on the hwy. Is this normal, or what the hell did i do wrong

·
Registered
151 Posts
mistersolo said:
Pulling the trac fuse will cause the o/d light to blink and the trac light to stay on. The overdrive still works with the light blinking.

What could be the problem if no trac fuse pulled but still o/d light blinking? (NA Supra)

And why pulling the trac fuse shortens the tranny life?

Thanks

·
iSketch Master!
9,044 Posts
what, does this only happen on ODBI cars? I have never had my OD light blink, thats odd.

But its claimed to shorten the life of your tranny because it doesnt vent boost between shifts, or pull timing between shifts. i've run like this for 3yrs though and i have over 100k on my car. I always shift the car manually though so i just let off between shifts.

Alex

·
ur moms favourite
1,405 Posts
I cant remember what stopped the 'OD off' light blinking for me, i think i pulled the bulb and also i've removed the trac ecu and all associated stuff under the hood.

Gene

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I've had a TRAC fuse pulled in 2 automatics, both ran fine. No shortened trans life. However, the TRAC fuse pulled causes the trans. to power shift under full throttle. If you have a lot of mods it may shorten the trans life. Just monitor the trans fluid. If the fluid starts to look bad, flush out and put the TRAC fuse back in. My fluid is nice and pink though even with the TRAC fuse pulled.

I don't do many mods because I don't like mechanics, I don't trust them, and I consider a heavily modded car a high maintenance pain in the ass that always needs to be in a mechanic shop somewhere. Don't wanna deal with that anymore. Been there done that.

·
Very Senior Member
9,950 Posts
linhtu said:
i own a 94 tt auto and just recently took out the trac fuse. now the overdrive off light keeps on blinking when it is on the hwy. Is this normal, or what the hell did i do wrong
keep the trac fuse in unless at the drag strip.
don't tug on Supraman's cape. :stickpoke

1 - 10 of 10 Posts