Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
My boss set me on fire!?!
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am seeing where everyone delete's Trac. I dont like the extra butterfly in there but I do like the trac (at least on my SC300)

So I have a few questions

Does the MKIV have a Trac switch like the SC300 does to turn it on/off?

Does trac go crazy with a lot of HP.

Does the Trac need to be working to retard the timing during the shifts (auto)

The reason I like the trac is living in New Orleans I get a lot of rain here. It is great to just stab it when I want to pull into traffic. I just dont have to think about it. For racing I would allways turn it off.

Thanks..

Danny

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
IBTL. I will assist tho. The MKIV does have a switch to turn Trac off. However, it will still invade when it wants to to stop wheel spin. The Trac does control timing retard during shifts on auto trannys.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
TRACE fused gone here too.

I'll probably go ahead and yank the entire track pump as well. Free up some space in that corner and save a few pounds. I'm not worried about rain as i do not drive my car in the rain anymore.

·
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What is all there for 20lb of stuff.

Figured computer, abs sensors (keeping abs), and the throttle stuff..

So turning trac off does not completely turn it off. Wierd..

Danny

·
Boost Junkie
12,743 Posts
Eventually you'll make enough power that the TRAC can't react quickly enough to help you. On automatics it isn't a good idea to remove it until after you get your trans built. You have the ecu, butterfly, track pump and other miscellaneous items to remove. I think the total weight savings is 27 lbs on the driver's side of the car, which is agood thing.

Steve K.

·
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What/where is the Trac Pump? Does the SC300 have it (or NA supra for that matter)

Thanks

Danny

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
godelfer said:
What/where is the Trac Pump? Does the SC300 have it (or NA supra for that matter)

Thanks

Danny
Trac Pump

its the metal thing with all the lines coming out of it connecting to your brakemaster. Its in the right corner on the intake manifold side with a mkiv.

Does the NA supra have traction control? If not, then i dont think it does.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
SupraMan1990 said:
IBTL. I will assist tho. The MKIV does have a switch to turn Trac off. However, it will still invade when it wants to to stop wheel spin. The Trac does control timing retard during shifts on auto trannys.
If you dont know the correct answer, then sit down. Dont give false info.

If you hit the switch iside the car you can spin and go crazy as much as you want and it wont kick in. If its on an auto and you just hit the trac button, then it will retard timing on every shift and vent the BOV to save the tranny. If you pull the fuse then it will let it shift at full timing and no boost drop. Pick up alot of mph and e.t this way, but its hell on the 2nd gear sprag.

The trac system is useless and does way more harm than good. It kicks in when it shouldnt most of the time, and if your doing anything to have the tires spinning in the first place, you should be able to pilot the car in the event anyway.

It would work alot better if it didnt cut 110% of the cars power for 3 seconds.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
What did I say that was wrong? I have heard of the Trac being off and still stopping excessive wheel spin. Such as tire warm up before races and such. On th eother thing you agreed with me. So please fill me in. Not being a smart ass or anything. I would actually like to know. If I am thinking of something in error I would like to correct it.

·
Mr. Brightside
737 Posts
I'm pulling TRAC this weekend. I always drive with it turned off anyways. Hope the rain doesn't get me.

BTW: I'm 6 spd. and when mine is turned off, i can do burnouts till the tires are gone.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
SupraMan1990 said:
What did I say that was wrong? I have heard of the Trac being off and still stopping excessive wheel spin. Such as tire warm up before races and such. On th eother thing you agreed with me. So please fill me in. Not being a smart ass or anything. I would actually like to know. If I am thinking of something in error I would like to correct it.

i mis-read the last part about controlling timing. i thought i read "doesnt" when you wrote it" does". Sorry about that.

But the other still holds true, turn the trac off and you can burn the tires until they pop.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Allright, thats cool. I swear I have read that the crap is invasive as all still when it is off.

·
Almost quick..
747 Posts
Don't forget you can remove the whole traction butterfly. Also IMO, this primative traction controls don't help you if you know what you are doing. And if you don't slow the fuck down.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
godelfer said:
Then Why pull the fuse if the switch works?

Thanks

Danny

Works fine if you just turn it off everytime. On an auto you will stll have slow ass shifts though.

And you still have an extra throttle body in your intake track too.

·
Hardtopper Once Again!
1,709 Posts
godelfer said:
Then Why pull the fuse if the switch works?

Thanks

Danny
Eliminates speed limiter also.

·
Ex Supra Owner
1,077 Posts
ScrewDrvr said:
Works fine if you just turn it off everytime. On an auto you will stll have slow ass shifts though.

And you still have an extra throttle body in your intake track too.
My auto shifts pretty fast.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts