Supra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Pays Cash, No Questions
4,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is some footage from my recent HPDE (again) at Nashville Super Speedway. It's a fun course, and you can carry alot of speed through some of the turns. It's not super-technical, but it's presented by the Music City Mustang Club (a great group of guys), and is CHEAP to run.

Car setup, just for reference (parts that would matter):

BoostLogic DBB 67
16-row PS cooler
16-row oil cooler
Fluidyne radiator
TRD thermostat
Carbotech XP12 up front, XP10 in back
DBA slotted rotors
TRD sways
Hoosier R6 slicks, 275 all the way around (which will soon change)

Enjoy! The first lap is a warm-up, and to stage all of the cars. I hammer it when the green flag is waved from the grandstands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDuTM5T-uaQ

4,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think that you made a very wise choice in getting rid of the BW series for something else (and smaller). People don't like what I say about the BW's, but... they're a fad, plain and simple.

Glad to see that you're still making good power on the billet turbo. I'd like to try one of those out.

4,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
James - I'm going to keep my FN01R-C's in 10" in the front, and pulling the rears to 11.5". I am going to run 295's on the front, and 315 or 335's on the back, on a stock body. I know that I can make this work. :lol:

· Boost Junkie
15,154 Posts
James - I'm going to keep my FN01R-C's in 10" in the front, and pulling the rears to 11.5". I am going to run 295's on the front, and 315 or 335's on the back, on a stock body. I know that I can make this work. :lol:
295s up front? Whoa, that is huge. I had 285s with the Classics up front and it was real close. Without the spacer I think I could have fit a 295. 335s in the back is going to be tough. Keep us updated.

Steve

· Registered
3,745 Posts
nice video. Thanks for sharing. Were you just down shifting and the letting the motor wind down after the 2nd time on the oval?

4,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nice video. Thanks for sharing. Were you just down shifting and the letting the motor wind down after the 2nd time on the oval?
Yes, there is a really difficult braking zone that's right off of the big oval (the transition, then a slight left that appears gentle, but is not), and if one were to be on the brakes, or even tap them, the car becomes very unstable quickly (ask me how I know - I had a *moment* last year when this happened, and I could have shit diamonds from lumps of coal my asshole was so tight :lol: ) So, I just let the car engine brake and gently apply braking pressure until I am able to get out from under that gentle turn, then it's hard on the brakes until ready to turn into the 180*.

4,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is this the same config. that redline time attack also runs? We are thinking about coming out there for that race in a couple of months.
mikey
Yes - this is the same configuration. I may run my car in June (I believe that the Time Attack event is one weekend). If you're out there, what car will you all have on-track?

· 97-6speed-TT
1,244 Posts
Nice video Moody. Car sounds great and you're a good driver. Keep up the good work man.

Dee E.

4,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thankyou!

· Registered
3,745 Posts
Chris, how were you oil temps on the course?

4,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
In the 280's, which got a little scary at times... I started to use the long straightaway as a cool down, putting the car in 5th and just maintaining speed, instead of accelerating, after they started to get up there. Oil is Royal Purple 10-40, which will not be used again - I'm going to switch to Amsoil 10-30 in the future, based on testing that I've seen. I'm hoping that my oil cooler is enough (which is mounted on the passenger side, right inside the duct where everyone else mounts them), but if not, I may have to go larger.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.