Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
The Stars At Night
1,460 Posts
FW as in Ft. Worth? Damn, I live like 15 minutes from that track....I might come out if I get my paycheck before then...

·
The Stars At Night
1,460 Posts
Pw3nd by my stupidity...should have read that thread first....it is the track....I am so down if I get the money.

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
That is a great price, twice that much or more is typical around here ...but we're not in Antarctica of course.

How many cars do you figure will be in each group? Not that I can make it from PA, just curious.

·
Banned
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nick 95 6sp said:
That is a great price, twice that much or more is typical around here ...but we're not in Antarctica of course.

How many cars do you figure will be in each group? Not that I can make it from PA, just curious.

haha, sorry, it's in fort worth tx. I dont know how many groups, i doubt that many, proably 20 or so.

·
The Stars At Night
1,460 Posts
If I don't come to race, I'm definitely going to come to watch...I would love to meet at least one other D/FW MKIV owner...I live in Granbury, which is about another 10 minutes down 377. Also, mk4umha, do you mind possibly giving me a ride in your car, I'm buying my exhaust this summer and I can't decide between the BL 4" and the HKS Ti...I would really love to see it and hear it in person, from both outside the car and in. If possible that is....

·
Banned
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
btm7687 said:
If I don't come to race, I'm definitely going to come to watch...I would love to meet at least one other D/FW MKIV owner...I live in Granbury, which is about another 10 minutes down 377. Also, mk4umha, do you mind possibly giving me a ride in your car, I'm buying my exhaust this summer and I can't decide between the BL 4" and the HKS Ti...I would really love to see it and hear it in person, from both outside the car and in. If possible that is....
sure, if u can get a helmet from someone. I'm from austin btw.

·
The Stars At Night
1,460 Posts
I'm not so sure I can get one, I actually meant after the racing...on the street...haha

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
That's such a good price that with a cheap flight fare it would be worth flying to DFW to drive that event ...can I drive your Supra ;)

·
Banned
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nick 95 6sp said:
That's such a good price that with a cheap flight fare it would be worth flying to DFW to drive that event ...can I drive your Supra ;)
LOL, just come and borrow one of those maxima's instead :) i'm sure they wont mind!

·
The Stars At Night
1,460 Posts
Are you still planning on going? What time are you gonna be out there?

·
The Stars At Night
1,460 Posts
Haha...I wasn't sure if they got those extra people to sign up or not...I wasn't sure if the event was still on. I'll head up there around 1:00PMish...here is my cell...if you think you won't be there until way later or you end up being there way before noon, give me a call so I can come down...817.559.9154...my name is Bryan...by the way, since I guess I will be meeting you, what is your name?

·
Registered
12 Posts
THE EVENT IS DEFINITELY ON. I was at MSR all weekend for the Porsche Club DE and Club Race. I personally talked to Kurt at MSR and we are good to go. I will be out there driving my Carrera and I've already paid. Latest count has 16 paid and we can go up to 32. Matt Blehm, who has organized the event, is already in Dallas for the national Z convention. So if you are trying to get in, you can probably hook up with him at any of the Z events going on during the week. He also has someone monitoring his mail mail for entries.

This is a shared club day, so the first 2 run groups are lead an follow with no passing, no helmets and riders allowed. The later sessions are solo drivers with helmets. If you don't have a helmet, you can also rent one for $10 at the track. I am bringing my old helmet, a Shell M95, and will be loaning/leaving it at the track since I no longer use it.

As a second note, we also booked the dyno at MSR. Texas Autosports now has a dyno on the premises at MSR. It is $50 for 3 runs with A/F.

·
The Stars At Night
1,460 Posts
Damn...I had no idea they had a dyno...is it a Dynojet or Mustang? Is it strictly for numbers or do they have an onsite tuner? I didn't realize how much they had expanded after walking around the facility 8 months ago! I might run my car, still not sure if I want to, but seeing as the track is literally 15 minutes from my house, I know I'm coming out for sure!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Dynojet. I am not sure what you mena by onsite tuner? There is a wideband readout for every run, so if you have a fuel tuner or want to adjust cam gears, you should be able to do it.

·
The Stars At Night
1,460 Posts
I'm saying, do they have someone onsite that can tune for you, as in, someone that knows how to tune AFC, E-manage, AEM, etc...or is it more like, "do a pull and get some numbers, but if you have some sort of fuel controller, you're on your own tuning it." Now that I asked it, it seemed pretty retarded that they would have someone there, I'm just going to go ahead and assume that they don't.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts