Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Though i'd share some pictures we took this weekend at an event here in Toronto.

Here is a vid of me going round the track.. Mostly the straight lol - https://youtu.be/gJtZQJkcqp4

Enjoy

Ryan

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,552 Posts
No helmet? You cray-cray.

I've never seen another Supra at the track. Three must be a treat.

I recommend you work on eliminating that shuffle-steering that you're doing. Most of those turns can be taken with your hands at 9 and 3. You'll be smoother, and therefore faster in the long run.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

I recommend you work on eliminating that shuffle-steering that you're doing. Most of those turns can be taken with your hands at 9 and 3. You'll be smoother, and therefore faster in the long run.
I didnt push it in the corners, just cruising. It was my first time with high boost at the track and wanted to see what it does on the straight.

Good advise tho..I usually use the steering a different way.

Ryan

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice! I cant wait to take mine to a road course.
The more I take the car at the road course, the more I steer away from drag racing. It's so much more satisfying. Don't need all the horsepowers either...

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,552 Posts
The more I take the car at the road course, the more I steer away from drag racing. It's so much more satisfying.
The road course lets the Supra show ALL of what it can do. Anybody can put a big engine in any car and go straight for 10 seconds.

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,552 Posts

·
Very Senior Member
10,053 Posts

I didnt push it in the corners, just cruising. It was my first time with high boost at the track and wanted to see what it does on the straight.

Good advise tho..I usually use the steering a different way.

Ryan
The more I take the car at the road course, the more I steer away from drag racing. It's so much more satisfying. Don't need all the horsepowers either...
If you place more than $100 value on your head, definitely get a Snell approved helmet - latest year possible. Some events/tracks are still taking 2005 Snell but not all, and none after this year. Get a SA2015 full-face helmet.

And yes, I had to quit the shuffle steer, too. It is dangerous and slow.
The road course is infinitely more interesting and challenging than a drag strip!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts