Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
slower than a turtle
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im working on getting my track car together and im stuck in kind of a delema. ive seen most of the track supras running 17s however most of those cars have over sized brakes. my car will still be in stock setup obviously upgraded but stock size so would a 16inch wheel be ok for the tracks. i asked some people already and they recommened 17s for more air flow but i woudl like to stay with the smaller radius any thoughts

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
I assume you are NA since the stock TT wheels are already 17". If your brakes fit behind 16" wheels, I don't see a problem since you have good tire selection in 16", less wheel and tire cost, and the same wheel weighs less in 16". I can't believe that air flow is a significant factor.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I seem to have a hard time keeping the brake and rotors from overheating when my 93TT was still stock. I guess it really depends on the track you will be visiting. The tracks I run tends to be hard on the brakes. If you have a dedicated track car that will be losing a lot of weight, I would assume the stock brakes will do the job. But if you ever want to upgrade to bigger brake/rotor package, you might want to go with the 17's so you don't kick yourself in the a$$ later for having to buy another set of rims to fit the brake/rotor kit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts