Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all,

i need to know which fuse to pull to turn off traction control permanently. need to get emmisions and can only do it with trac. off. thanks.

·
BPU is so 1997
5,349 Posts
It's in the black fuse box, drivers side in the engine bay. 4th fuse up from the middle row. It is a 7.5 amp fuse. If you are confused, flip the cover over and it will tell you exactly which one it is.

·
SpooooL
591 Posts
140-150

I just want to add something about this mod. For me, it was the difference between going 140 and 150.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When you say it was the difference between 140 and 150, are you saying that you were able to go faster by letting the traction control stay off, or that your speedometer was changed?

I've heard that pulling the trac fuse is better than just turning it off with the interior button. If this is true, can anyone explain to me why? Thanks!

·
SpooooL
591 Posts
Well, I had some minor problems that I fixed b4 I took the fuse out. Now that I have no problems and the fuse pulled, I've only reached 150, but that was my friend driving it then. Im sure I can go faster

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TRAC fuse pulled should not make car go faster. it will only diable traction control function and speed limiter(I think, never went that fast). but there is no reason why this mode will make the car go faster.

·
SpooooL
591 Posts
Your probably right about that. I still have a lot to learn about the supra. But at the same time, I also had fixed a few problems that I was having and I had to reattach a hose behind the trac control. Well, I'll see you all in a week. On my way to Florida. PEACE!

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey, but having the trac system on, is good only with rainy weather or if you are at the track racing right??

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Slave_1 said:
hey all,

i need to know which fuse to pull to turn off traction control permanently. need to get emmisions and can only do it with trac. off. thanks.
If you have 97+ supra, i donot prefer you put off the trac fulse,
because i have heard that the traction control is a lot of smartter then 93.5~96.

i have heard about the saying the supra will go faster when putting off the trac fulse, but never try to prove,
oh, yeah, it's in here:www.toyotasupraturbo.com

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
iWISHihadaSUPRA said:
hey, but having the trac system on, is good only with rainy weather or if you are at the track racing right??
You defently want to have the traction control off when you are at the track because as soon as your tires start to spin the engine cuts a lot of power. Also you usually want some tire spin off the line. I leave my TRAC fuse out all the time, but if you have an auto it's not a good idea because it is harder on the tranny.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
if you have your traction off, doesn't only one rear tire spin instead of the two rear tires? because, when when i pull my car, it drifts real quick to one side i think right, cuz only one tire pulled..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts