Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the 'SNOW' traction control setting good for regular driving, or should it only be used in snow.

Like if i wanted to make sure i wouldn't lose control of the car at all through any turns.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Simi,

No, the snow isn't good for regular driving. The TRAC is looking for any wheel slip and will cut your power alot. If you are uneasy about losing the car in a slide or something put the car on low boost and just drive more conservative. I hate my TRAC and took it out completely. I had more of a time trying to fight the car when trying to race it on the road coarse than wiht it disable. It mak es the car low on power and less predictable.
Besides you what a little wheel spin for maximum acceleration. That's why you bought a Supra right?

-TY

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually it's my Dads Supra. I drive it sometimes and I want to learn a little about it... So you're saying that's it's better to keep it off completely, even when I'm driving through curvy roads (like the ones going onto a hill).

Is it good to use when it is raining?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The SNOW mode is really aggresive on power cut, it seems like overkill if all you want to do is drive slow. It won't hurt the car to use it though, even if you use it all the time. If you are concerned about losing it, I don't recommend disabling the TRAC. One things for sure, you aren't going to get sideways in a turn with the SNOW mode on!!

Bob
97 6-speed / racelogic TC

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thanx..

TY.. You took the TRAC out completely, is it the same thing as putting it on OFF?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no, turning it off keeps traction control off while driving, but it keeps comign back on every time you start the car, so you can just pull the traction control fuse, which is what he did, he took it off his car completely.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts