Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1987 Toyota Supra
117 Posts
Why do you think you have it?

IIRC the closest thing the MKIII ever got to traction control (factory) was on JDM 7MGE engine throttle body.
Was called TCS.

The US models never had it.

Though a misnomer was the ABS computer Toyota called "Traction Control" or better named "Skid Control".

·
Blue Thunder
3,490 Posts
you don't have TC, no abs, no airbags, no SRS, etc. What makes u even think you have it?

·
Blue Thunder
3,490 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
get some real old cracked up tires. plus with those you can then talk about how powerful ur car is bc it spins the tires so easy

or

add more horsepower, and a manual transmission

but before all that, put some years under your belt is my honest advise (if this thread is even real ffs). your going to hurt someone dicking around on public roads trying to get sideways

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
87 auto.
First car.
Likely NA.
Trying to drift.
:unsure:
What could go wrong??? :p

Taken from experience, my first attempt at drifting on public roads (tends to be a bad idea even if you're fairly experienced due to the unpredictability of the real world road conditions), I happened to make a Nissan about two feet shorter than Nissan did...

but before all that, put some years under your belt is my honest advise (if this thread is even real ffs). your going to hurt someone dicking around on public roads trying to get sideways
I'd back up this suggestion with everything under my belt. Better yet, figure out where you can autocross the car. You'll learn WAY more about what it can do than you'd ever learn on public roads, trust me. I've been driving for... wow, ok, 20 years now, legally, and I've learned more about car control in the last couple years than I did in the prior two decades, all thanks to autocross.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Take care of your Supra. When they first came out there were lots of them in the parts yards from this kind of behavior. You might do damage to the suspension or wreck your tires. The MKIII Supra is not a drifting car, it's a luxury sport grand touring. Just wave to the admiring drivers in their econo boxes as you go about your business. They wish they were you.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Take care of your Supra. When they first came out there were lots of them in the parts yards from this kind of behavior. You might do damage to the suspension or wreck your tires. The MKIII Supra is not a drifting car, it's a luxury sport grand touring. Just wave to the admiring drivers in their econo boxes as you go about your business. They wish they were you.
Mine has a way of straddling that line between luxury tourer and drift-happy sports car, the OP could just give me my absurd asking price and figure it out... :p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts