Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do all MKIV's come with the traction control? I know the 97-98 do, but how about the previous ones? I think it's a must have because it keeps you from being all over the road in emergency situations sometimes. The traction control in BMW cars is a savior, and is great sometimes, so is the one in the supra that great?How well does it work if you were to have about 400-450rwhp? I know traction control is always advantageous, but will it be able to help with that much power? I'm looking around for a mkiv, and i think that that's the only question i have unanswered.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
traction control is for ME TO POOP ON! :) I unhooked mine because one day I was into a corner and it kicked in and almost made for a REALLY bad day.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Scott,

I think you're wrong, all Supra TT's have traction control that can be switched off by a switch. It's a pity though that the stock traction control is worthless, it reacts way too slow and way too violent. If you want a decent traction control get the Racelogic Traction Control , there are regular group buys on Supra Forums.

The HKS kit you are referring to is when you want to permanently remove the butterfly valve that is part of the stock traction control system, it restricts airflow a little bit.

Flavio

·
Registered
15 Posts
RACELOGIC unit is definatley worth it, you can floor it in the rain through a corner with no worries(after its properly tuned by a laptop) get the 5 way adj slip and launch control, I haven't personally used my launch control yet (i got really worn clutch) But I have kicked it on and floored it to hear the rev limiter, very Gran turismo-ish Nice:)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm still confused. So do all MKIV's 93-98 come with a stock traction control? Does the traction control have a switch to be turned off? Or not like someone mentionned earlier? I'm looking for a 93.5-95 TT 6spd, so information pertaining to those years will be greatly appreciated. Any information on the aftermarket traction control mentionned? Thanx a bunch.

·
Registered
15 Posts
sorcereur said:
I'm still confused. So do all MKIV's 93-98 come with a stock traction control? Does the traction control have a switch to be turned off? Or not like someone mentionned earlier? I'm looking for a 93.5-95 TT 6spd, so information pertaining to those years will be greatly appreciated. Any information on the aftermarket traction control mentionned? Thanx a bunch.
racelogic.co.uk

·
Very Senior Member
9,960 Posts
sorcereur said:
I'm still confused. So do all MKIV's 93-98 come with a stock traction control? Does the traction control have a switch to be turned off? Or not like someone mentionned earlier? I'm looking for a 93.5-95 TT 6spd, so information pertaining to those years will be greatly appreciated.
All of them have stock TC. And all can be switched on/off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts