Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
CO- Traffic Jams and Scion City Shows.

Car Toys Traffic Jams Car Shows (Saturday)
(Car show targeted towards all makes and models of cars i.e. import, domestic, european, low riders, trucks and suv’s.)

Dates: Denver 7/15 Portland 7/29 Seattle 8/12

Traffic Jams Car Show Daily Schedule (CO, OR, SEA)

9 am - 11am Vendor Load In
10am - 12pm Vehicle Load In
1pm Judging starts
1:30pm Entertainment starts (DJ’s) (Aftershock)
2pm Car Show starts (open to general public)
7:15pm Entertainment stops (DJ’s)
7:30pm Awards Ceremony Begins (Aftershock)
8pm Show Ends

Scion City Car Shows (Friday)
(Car show targeted towards Scions only i.e. xA, Xb, Tc)

Dates: Denver 7/14 Portland 7/28 Seattle 8/11

Scion City Car Show Daily Schedule (CO, OR, SEA)

11 am – 2pm Vendor Load In
2pm - 4pm Vehicle Load In
4pm Judging starts
4:30pm Entertainment starts (DJ’s) (Aftershock)
5pm Car Show starts (open to general public)
7:45pm Entertainment stops (DJ’s)
8pm Awards Ceremony (Aftershock)
9pm Show Ends

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First off. I see lots of Colorado posts in the Mid West Section. These events happen in Colorado, Oregon, and Washington. So I let everyone in each area know about the events.

Second off. Fridays event is Scion focused (as it says) Saturdays event is open to all makes and models (as it says) Yes evey year I have 2-3 Supras at each event.

Third off. DONT LET READING OWN YOU!

·
stop-lame-signatures.com
786 Posts
Don't let geography pwn you :) Colorado is not in the Mid-West, despite what this forum has listed. Its a montain region state and is hundreds of miles away from the actual Mid-West.

If you don't believe me ask someone, anyone, from Colorado to see if they think they're in the Mid-West.

OR? WA? no need to explain why no one from here would attend those events.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree with you that Colorado is not mid west. I was born in the mid west. and guess what Chicago isnt mid west either. It is on the EAST side of the mississippi. Most people would call it a great lakes state.

But the reason I said not to let reading own you is because I placed a CO at the beginning of the Thread Title so people that are not from Colorado wouldnt waste there time clicking the link, but obviously it didnt show up.

·
stop-lame-signatures.com
786 Posts
inzanesrt4 said:
I agree with you that Colorado is not mid west. I was born in the mid west. and guess what Chicago isnt mid west either. It is on the EAST side of the mississippi. Most people would call it a great lakes state.

But the reason I said not to let reading own you is because I placed a CO at the beginning of the Thread Title so people that are not from Colorado wouldnt waste there time clicking the link, but obviously it didnt show up.
IL = Mid-West, ask anyone. What else would IL be? East coast?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midwest

The states in red are considered the Midwest.

Evidently you pwnt yourself by not knowing how to post a new topic--since CO isn't in the topic title.

BTW, you're really self-pwnt for driving a Neon and advertising that you do. LOL!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice Post the pic but not the deffinition:

The Midwestern United States (or Midwest) is a region of the north-central and northeastern United States of America, located entirely inland. The term's etymology is now somewhat archaic, as the region's states were once a part of the Northwest Territory and the region was known as being a part of the "Middle West" of the United States before the Louisiana Purchase. Today, this region is neither the middle nor the west of the United States (see map), but in fact begins in the East and spans to the Great Plains. Nonetheless, both the geographic center of the contiguous US (in Kansas) and the population center of the US (Missouri) are located in states generally considered to be Midwestern. More accurate regional terms for these locations are the East North Central States (essentially the Great Lakes States); and the West North Central States (essentially the Great Plains States), as defined by the United States Census Bureau. However, these terms are not generally used outside of technical descriptions of the region. In everyday speech the region is almost universally referred to simply as the Midwest, and most Americans would identify the region as the sociocultural (if not geographic) center of the country.

·
stop-lame-signatures.com
786 Posts
Here's the "Definition" as listed in the article and recognized by the United States government (U.S. Census Bureau), bolding and font size changes are mine:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midwest said:
Definition

Though definitions vary, any definition of the Midwest would include the Northwest Ordinance "Old Northwest" states and often includes many states that were part of the Louisiana Purchase. The states of the Old Northwest are also known as "Great Lakes states". Many of the Louisiana Purchase states are also known as Great Plains states. The Midwest is defined by the U.S. Census Bureau as these 12 states:

* Illinois: Old Northwest, Ohio River and Great Lakes state
* Indiana: Old Northwest, Ohio River and Great Lakes state
* Iowa: Louisiana Purchase
* Kansas: Louisiana Purchase, Great Plains state
* Michigan: Old Northwest, and Great Lakes state
* Minnesota: Old Northwest, and Great Lakes state; western part Louisiana Purchase
* Missouri: Louisiana Purchase, Border state
* Nebraska: Louisiana Purchase, Great Plains state
* North Dakota: Louisiana Purchase, Great Plains state
* Ohio: Old Northwest (Historic Connecticut Western Reserve), Ohio River and Eastern Great Lakes state. Also a Northeastern Appalachian state in the SE.
* South Dakota: Louisiana Purchase, Great Plains state
* Wisconsin: Old Northwest, and Great Lakes state

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So tell the Administrater that they are morons for puting CO in the Mid West Section. As long as it is listed that way I will continue posting CO stuff here. And you will continue to walk through life with your Eyes closed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts