Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys, when I looked into my radiator, from the front of the car, I see the radiator, but there is another radiator type cooler infront of the radiator (at the lower part of the radiator), only it's got horizontal fins instead of vertical like the radiator, only smaller, is it the auto tranny cooler? I have an auto.
Thanks

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
Thats the transmission cooler

·
!black
4,622 Posts
Xdreamer said:
Thats the transmission cooler
Autos had their coolers integrated w/ the rad from what I remember, but then again I don't use auto mkivs. If it's a small radiator up front, then it's part of the AC system. If it's really small (like 12"x8") then it's not the ac dryer, possibly the tranny cooler or oil cooler.

·
Banned
865 Posts
MadMaxx said:
Autos had their coolers integrated w/ the rad from what I remember, but then again I don't use auto mkivs. If it's a small radiator up front, then it's part of the AC system. If it's really small (like 12"x8") then it's not the ac dryer, possibly the tranny cooler or oil cooler.
Correct. The tranny gets its cooling directly from the radiator.

I would say either AC system or an aftermarket tranny cooler is installed.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it's not very big, it's as wide as the radiator, but not as tall I don't think, but aren't auto MKIVs have a fan infront of the radiator, or the tranny cooler? correct me if wrong, thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts