Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I was driving for awhile in the Denton area of Texas, on my way to Gainesville. Anywho, I noticed that there was some white smoke coming from the rear of the car, and the only reason I noticed was because people were looking at my car funny. There were no driving differences. Anyway so I immediately pulled over, and noticed that I was leaking transmission fluid. I had my car towed back to my house, and put some more fluid in the transmission. Now here's the weird part. I have driven the Supra since then, just for test purposes, and the leak has not returned. I am in the position to purchase a new transmission, but the problem seems, "to have gone away." Yes I know that sounds really stupid, but I have not seen another DROP of fluid since the episode. Any suggestions as to what is going on here?

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
don't worry about it and just keep an eye out for any irregular things i had a tranny leak, i put some fluid & stop leak in there and the tranny is solid again

·
what would jesus drift?
987 Posts
and if the leak comes back, it's probaly just a seal, you dont need a whole new tranny till it quites on yeah..

·
Registered
802 Posts
What does transmission fluid smell like? Theres something leaking in my Supra.. and it smells... don't know.. (asian)fish sauce or something?

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, well I am definitely glad to know this. Thanks for the info guys.

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay so I used some of the stop leak, and the leak came back momentarily. What to do now?

·
It's only the beginning..
690 Posts
Replace the seal/pipe that is leaking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts