Supra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i need some serious help. I noticed some vibrating from under the car and upon inspection i found one of the bolts was missing from the transmission crossmember. Normally this wouldn't be a problem but for some reason on my car, the nuts that are supposed to be welded into the frame are loose, which makes it very difficult to get the bolts in in the first place. Anyway, when then bolt came out, the nut moved away from the hole and i can't get to it. I tried taking out the passenger seat so see if i could get to them from under the carpet but no such luck. Any ideas on what i should do? I don't really feal saft about leaving one of the bolts out of one side of the xmember.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Sounds like some cutting/welding might be in order.... Cut a hole where you can pull the loose nut out (that sounds interesting;-). Then cut into where the nut shoulda been and fab up a plate which already has a hole/nut welded to it. Anyways, just trying to give ya a visual, but sounds like a cut & patch kinda deal. Someone who welds/fabricates may have a better idea...

Good luck!

·
MKIII Owner and Dam proud
367 Posts
do what you can then take it to a place that can reweld the nut in place. Try not to cut if you really don't have to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts