Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Supra Ricer
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, the car is a 93.5 NA Auto. Right now its completely stock. Whenever starting from a stop going forward, there is a vibration, sometimes more severe than others. It quickly clears up but was told it was the torque converter by the previous owner who I consider to know his Supra's. It feels like its vibrating further back than what a torque converter would cause but I have had it up in the air and have checked the rest of the drivetrain and it all seems to be tight and in working order. So does that sound right that the torque converter is locking up to early? That's what I was told.

·
Supra Ricer
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I might have not checked that mount. I will definately start there. Anyone else have information?

·
ur moms favourite
1,404 Posts
Trans mount would be my first guess too. Also check the driveshaft center hanger.

·
Supra Ricer
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've checked everything along the drivetrain behind the tranny for sure. Rearend, etc etc. I was told by Mark Tozer(previous owner) that it was the torque converter and I kind of trusted it but I wanted to confirm with someone else. I will definately check the mount!

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I've had converters do the same thing. Kinda felt like I was running over some rumble strips on the freeway. Switched tranny fluid over to synthetic, and it went away. FWIW, this wasn't on a Supra though...

·
Supra Ricer
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RRocket said:
I've had converters do the same thing. Kinda felt like I was running over some rumble strips on the freeway. Switched tranny fluid over to synthetic, and it went away. FWIW, this wasn't on a Supra though...
Hmm, do you or anyone else recommend I do this? Maybe a good start would be checking the mount and checking the fluid just to see.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts