Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
a supra..fast..hahaha
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out driving my supra today and temps are well up in the 80's.. and all of a sudden while driving my tranny lost power, and had no forward motion or reverse.. i do have a tranny cooler with fan on my built auto tranny... not sure exactly what happened.. checked the fluid and it was full.. then i turned the car off and then turned the key on to let the cooler run, and after about a minute or two it worked just fine but about a mile down the road, the same thing happened... any ideas? I was thinking it might have just overheated... but any insight into this problem would help me alot.. thanks

·
a supra..fast..hahaha
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
i have only had the tranny for about two weeks.. i did just go and start it up and it did sound like it was just rollin around a bunch of nuts and bolts in there so they may very well be out

·
a supra..fast..hahaha
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a transwerks tranny, but i just found out today that the bolts are still in and that it's not the tranny.. i do believe the clutches in the convertor are burnt up...

·
Registered
185 Posts
black93supra said:
It's a transwerks tranny, but i just found out today that the bolts are still in and that it's not the tranny.. i do believe the clutches in the convertor are burnt up...
Well, the clutches are probably burnt up but I can guarantee you they are NOT in the torque convertor ;). Torque convertor only moves fluid, it does NOT act as a clutch. The clutches are INSIDE the transmission.
Just telling you this so you don't go buy a new torque convertor thinking that will solve your problem. Your tranny needs a full rebuild. I hope transwerks warranties their transmissions.

·
a supra..fast..hahaha
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
they do warranty it for 1 year.. and i've only had it for about a month and a half.. i also was told by the tranny shop here in town that my convertor would have to be rebuilt as well as the tranny..

Would the stall being too high cause the tranny clutches to burn up?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts