Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 90 n/a automatic...I had no control of what it was cuz my dad bought it back in 93 and I wish he woulda got a turbo and 5 spd.,but enough of that...Lately the tranny has been messin up if ya'll wanna know detail i'll go into it, but that's all for now. I've heard it'd be cheaper to just change it to a manual rather than get a new auto. or get the one I have now rebuilt. Is this true? Cuz if it is he said that's probably what we'll do and I really want the 5 spd. in there!!

·
Turbonetics..faggot asses
1,062 Posts
Doing a 5spd conversion really is not alot of extra hard work. Theres a few extra things you have to install (master cylinder, clutch pedal, brake pedal, very minor rewire) But they go right in because all of the mounting holes are in the chasis from the factory even though its an auto. My whole conversion cost me $1100 with an Rps stage 3 clutch but I bought everything to do the job from one guy.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so what kind of tranny should I go for here because i'm definitely not gonna have the money to do anything to it real soon such as give it much more power besides air and exaust.What would be a good transmission for the cheapest?Someone told us they'd rebuild the auto. for 1200 so I guess yours is a littel cheaper, but what is the cheapest I could possibly go?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts