Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
The Beginning
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dropped it yesterday, changed disc, put back in today and no won't go in any gears at all stuck in nuetral. What is going on?

G

·
mine got stuck in 3rd gear the other day, but i think i have a problem with my shifter forks

will the shifter move into the right positions? or it just wont move out of neutral at all?

kinda need a little more info

·
The Beginning
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The shifter will only move side to side like if I was going to attempt to go to 1st or over to try 5th or reverse, but it is like a wall on the gears. You try to slide it in gear and doesn't even try to slide in at all just stops like a wall.

G

·
mine felt like that when it was stuck in 3rd, i could move the shifter around as if it was in neutral, but it when i released the clutch pedal, it would stall b/c it was stuck in 3rd gear.

maybe something is stuck in there?

·
The Beginning
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea, this sucks I fix one thing and another thing breaks, it is a brand new transmission and has worked great all I did was take it out and put it in with the course of two days and duct taped the holes shifter and driveshaft so nothing would get in it and never dropped it or anything.

·
Unnaturally Aspirated
330 Posts
That happened to my Mazda. The only hole to change the oil w/ was the speedo gear hole, so when I took out the gear housing, the plastic gear itself just fell through into the transmission. Had to bust it all apart to get the F'r out. My guess would be some kind of blockage- try draining the fluid and probing around w/ a magnet through the shifter hole, maybe you'll get lucky.

·
The Beginning
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anyone c'mon I am almost done with differential then it is going in, I need to fix tranny what is wrong?

·
The Beginning
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea I bleed the clutch, but why would that affect the tranny going into gears?

·
The Beginning
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The clutch is in properly the side the the hub where the springs stick out more towards pressure plate. Hydraulics..... as in the clutch line, it has been bleed clutch did seem kinda weird but the tranny won't even dry shift, this is all tested with car off not moving.

·
Dr Wheelspin Rh.D.
4,393 Posts
Have someone press the clutch pedal in while you watch the slave cylinder push the clutch fork. Make sure there is enough travel. Got new tranny fluid in?

·
The Beginning
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am going to take inspection cover off and make sure shifting fork is doing it's job but yeah it is a like not even year old Redline Oil MT90.

·
GT40 1.5JZ
1,211 Posts
I've got some question about my tranny too.

When I'm if first gear and engaging...it pops out into neutral and if feels like I got hit by a car behind me.

What's going on? I took out my shifter and checked if the ball joint rubber bushing was intact and it was...seeing as how I just replaced it 3 months ago.

What's up?

thanks,
Joseph

·
The Beginning
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey Bishop real quick, I am still going to check out slave cylinder sometime this day, but how would it not doing anything affect shifting without the car on?

·
Registered
948 Posts
yeah performance, plan on the tranny going out sometime within the nest 6 monnths, i took out a w58 4 months after it starteed poping out of gear in a NA 22r powered car. i do alot of drifting though.

·
Registered
361 Posts
with the wheels int he air and at idle can you slip it into gear then?

dont revv it while doing this as might rock off what evers holding it in the air launch into something :eek:

but yeah... this might be able to eliminate transmission from the equation

i do it for shits and giggles when i have rear in the air.... it will slide in but before that the wheels should speed-up slowly..

give it a go and see... ;)

·
The Beginning
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
the driveshaft isn't even hooked up to the car, and it won't go into gear, with car on or off or clutch in or out , so i loosened Pressure Plate and pulled it back clutch disc is in right and still won't go into gear at all, you think a shifting fork could be in a bind, or just hung up some how? I am going to drop it again huhhhhhhhh...... then shake it spins input shaft beat it around see if i can free it up, then if not back in with old tranny and hopefully company will give me a refund or switch off trannys for another.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts