Supra Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
The Beginning
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I pulled the tranny once again, and was going to put my old one in. I got curious and followed the TSRM as to taking apart the transmission. I got the Extension Housing(Housing below the shifter, furthest back of tranny) off and so were the 3 shifting forks are met up to one area where teh shifter is suppose to go. Well, you have vented caps located to the left of the input shaft if your staring at the front of bellhousing. Mine were hanging by silicone so I JB Welded them. Bad idea! I drove around with my 2nd and reverse feeling like a sponge cause i had to compress the air to get it into gear everytime. So I pulled the tranny to swap clutch disc and while it was out, I drilled little holes in each cap for venting purposes. Well when I went through one of the caps the force I had against the cap caused me to push the bit in further and I pushed the rod behind the cap towards the back, putting it in gear. Well since I didn't go into gear using the shifter the forks go jammed and I was stuck in 3rd. When I pushed on the 3 shifting forks by themselves with the extension housing off it slid right back into place and voila it works. I am relieved big time cause it is a brand new tranny i payed $1700 for and warranty was up last month!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts