Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could probably figure this one out on my own, but I'm not near my car right now and I want to stop on my way home tonight to buy all the shit I need, so...

I'm installing a TCI transmission cooler. I'll be keeping the stock cooler as well. I want to build some nice lines to set all this up, but I don't know the size of the fittings I need.

I know that the inlet/outlet on the TCI cooler is -6 AN, but what size are the fittings on the transmission?... They're not AN and I don't believe they're NPT either. They look to be straight thread fittings. I'm assuming the fittings on the stock cooler are the same as the tranny. If not, what size are they?

Thanks for any help.

· Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I haven't run the lines yet. After looking at the price on the stainless braided lines, I'm probably going to use rubber hose and worm-drive clamps.

I wasn't planning on running a fan. Is it really necessary? It's a relatively large cooler. I'm having a custom bracket made. The cooler is basically going to be sandwiched between the stock radiator and fmic (which I haven't got yet), so it should have a good bit of air flow. I've got a couple friends who have/had the same setup. One is a 6spd car, the other is a BL auto. As far as I know, they haven't had any overheating issues.

Anybody have more advice or know of anymore things I should look out for?

· Registered
62 Posts
In the middle of this myself. This is for the TT Auto transmission. 16mm to -6AN adapter fits directly into the transmission itself. 14mm fits if you've just removed the flare nut/hardline and kept the stock~70deg fitting directly into the tranny. Copper washer or two and o-ring might be recommending to fill gap at the collar of the adapter.

I'm using the 16mm adapter on the rear one and 14mm on the front because it has an electrical sensor that I didn't want to remove.

-A disclaimer-----I verified the 16mm, but got the 14mm from using digital calipers and measuring. The threads are the exact same pitch.

· Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you running a stock trans or a gm trans?
I'm on the stock auto.

In the middle of this myself. This is for the TT Auto transmission. 16mm to -6AN adapter fits directly into the transmission itself. 14mm fits if you've just removed the flare nut/hardline and kept the stock~70deg fitting directly into the tranny. Copper washer or two and o-ring might be recommending to fill gap at the collar of the adapter.

I'm using the 16mm adapter on the rear one and 14mm on the front because it has an electrical sensor that I didn't want to remove.

-A disclaimer-----I verified the 16mm, but got the 14mm from using digital calipers and measuring. The threads are the exact same pitch.
Thanks. That's exactly what I needed.

· Registered
980 Posts
if I keeping the stock cooler just add one after the stock unit, how do I connected the hoses? which one is inlet on the stock cooler?Thanks,Stephen

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.