Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Auto tranny experts: I recently bought a 94TT with a Level 10 trans. & 3800 stall. I am installing a B&M 11 x 8 racing trans cooler & trying to decide whether or not to install it in series with the stock cooler. If I do, I would want the supply to go to the stocker first, then the B&M, but which line is the supply? The one closer to the front of the trans?

Also want to add a line lock (2 of them), to each side on the front, but cant find a good place to tap in. This is assuming the brake lines are setup LF-RR & RF-LR. Anyone install a line lock kit??

Thanks in advance....................

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Hey my friend.. I've asked about line locks on here probably two or three times in the last year. Unfortunately, nobody has stepped up and answered any of my questions. I wish someone could help us both out on this one. :(

Matt

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,784 Posts
Damn an L10 tranny huh? Good luck my friend...start saving for a new one....I blew one up, and they hung me out to dry....hopefully, you'll have better luck - 'cause no one else has.

Anyway - get a bigger cooler. Just get a big 'ol 28-30000gvw cooler. As for the line - locks....why do you want them on an auto?

Maybe, I'm missing something, but brake, gas.....that's about it, easy burn out, easy to stage.

Sorry...guess i really didn't help here...

Jay

J

·
0 Posts
Al? I don't know you personally but I am friends with Tom Hoppe and Brian J. Brian told me you had a sweet ride.:) There are a couple guys with single turbo's running around the Raleigh area. I know Weiyan has an auto single and I believe he is running the level 10 tranny as well. You can get in contact with him on the southeast forums or on AOL IM (Weiyan8). Im not sure if he has a line lock though.

Regards,
Ben H.
Jewel 97TT

·
Supra OG
2,392 Posts
Cedric (SilverOrchard???) put a line lock on his car. PM him for details.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone! The car had a level 10/3800 stall when I bought it with NO trans cooler! Not smart! I will install the cooler & keep my fingers crossed!

A line lock just seems easier on everything for a burnout - which is a new thing for me since the last car I raced was AWD! I can always add it later.....

JewellTT, dtalbert, I will check out the site and hopefully meet you guys some day.........

Al

R

·
0 Posts
It's funny all the DSMers you see with Supras now... Of course I bought my Supra from a DSMer in Ohio who decided he likes Buicks and F-Bodies better :confused:

Last thing I read said to install the cooler in series with the factory cooler using the hose on the drivers side of the car. I've got the cooler, just need to find time to get it installed... then I can think about dealing with a torque converter that's tighter than 10 virgins

Good luck with the Supra, Al. It'll be interesting seeing what it will run at Rockingham being as we all know that track is 50 feet short, downhill from the 60' mark and has an oxygen tent over it... or so an old man in a white Galant told me :D

Rob_O

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rob_O,

Yeah, Scott's Galant runs pretty well! Rockhingham is a fast track, but I know of other tracks that are just as fast.

I had my Talon for 10 years & made 429 1/4 passes in it! I guess you could say I did everything I could do with it. I loved the car! I sold it a year ago and have been totally out of racing. But that's about to change............

Al

M

·
0 Posts
I would just like to come in here and introduce myself. My name is Brian Phillips and as you can see I live i Durham. Hang out in Raleigh mostly though. Actually been checking out this forum for quite some time and have been to lazy to register. Me and my girl love to just ride around in Raleigh/Cary and check out what's going on. Never seems to be much action though. Probably seen acouple of you guys around but always going the other direction.

I know this thread was about line-locks and so forth so here is my 2 cents... When it come to dragracing I ain't no dummy. Lived at the track from 16 to now at 28. Actually pilot a 65 barracuda...499 ci. Indy cylinder headed beast...I know that might not mean much to the pressurized folks but lets say equivilant to like a t-78 on you'lls motors...5.70's 1/8 @117 and 8.80'[email protected] 150 in 1/4.

Maybe the reason those level 10 trannys blow is because of all the load put on them doing a burnout with the rear brakes fighting to stop them. It is oh so bad to do burnouts without the line lock. I know it may affect anti-lock brakes but it isn't anything but a solenoid in line with the front brake hydraulic lines. All it does is activate and hold the pressure on front brakes while you squeeze the living shit out of the motor in the bleach box.

I have always heard to put the supplemental cooler inline with the factory one.

Great to be part of the community and let's get to the track. Racing season is on.

PS.
Went ot the rock this weekend for the Holley spring nats and damn if there wasn't some fast cars. Sorry no supras...maybe soon. Did get to see one of the turboed busas though. Very clean install.

91 stealth RT/TT
mbc
k&N
gutted cats
magnecore wires
This is the car I ride in mostly( when not broke) not me, the car!

72 plymouth barracuda
408 ci stroker motor
fully ported edelbrock heads
edelbrock rpm intake
780 race Holley
lighweight Ross pistons
Comp cams..305 duration 525 lift...(and youll think 284 duration is big):)
This is my street cruiser with attitude (7.50's at 92 mph at Piedmont on drag radials) drive it everywhere. New exhaust being put on as I type.
Really thinking about a centrifugal supercharger. Lowering compression and running 10-12 psi. Want to see 6.80-6.70's maybe 105 to 108 and would be happy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts