Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sometimes drive and it seems as though throttle response sucks ass. I have an automatic but whenever I floor it, it take a minute and doesn't kick in with boost, it is a slow pull until boost kicks in. Also it seems as though the tranny is shifting to quickly through the gears, when it shouldn't. Any ideas.

I think I will have tranny fluid flushed and see if that helps anything out.

Julian

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Like I can put it to the floor and it slowly reacts, RPMs take a few moments to jump. It is less responsive then what I feel it should be.

Julian

·
Registered
214 Posts
Sounds like what my car is doing. Is your OD light flashing? I have a bad solenoid so the trans actually starts in 3rd. The trans is programmed like this...kinda like a fail safe. It would be best to replace all 3 solenoids. I haven't done it to mine yet but it seems easy. DAACO DETROIT carries the solenoids.

·
The Great Kruso
3,876 Posts
87tabshire said:
Like I can put it to the floor and it slowly reacts, RPMs take a few moments to jump. It is less responsive then what I feel it should be.

Julian
If its the RPM's that are having a hard time going up, it wouldnt be the tranny problem. I'd check the more basic engine stuff like the timing, spark plugs, wires, cps, tps....etc.

Kruso

1 - 8 of 8 Posts