Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For you th400 guys...

where did you mount your trans temp sensor?
did you weld a bung into the pan? where in the pan?

i heard there was a port on the drivers side of the trans wehre i can mount it... does this port exist? and if so what does it look like (pics would be nice) or how do i find it (im afraid to randomly try)?

finally, where did you guys mount your trans temp guages? i really hate pillar pods or any other eyesores... my clock location is currently taken by my uego (pics would also be nice for this one)

thanks much!

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
B&M makes a bung kit so you can just drill a hole without welding.

Once you drop the pan you will see where it can go.

I changed my pan to an aluminum heatsinked B&M pan that comes with a bung and noticed substantialy cooler trans temps eventhough I already have a B&M cooler with fan.

·
Banned
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
T78supra said:
B&M makes a bung kit so you can just drill a hole without welding.

Once you drop the pan you will see where it can go.

I changed my pan to an aluminum heatsinked B&M pan that comes with a bung and noticed substantialy cooler trans temps eventhough I already have a B&M cooler with fan.
really? do you think the dropped temps might just be heat transfer from the cooled pan directly to the temp sensor? or do you think it really does cool the trans fluid?

how many more quarts does that pan hold? im already holding 12 quarts at this point (i have a +2 quart pan and 2 big coolers)

thanks much!

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
swearitsstock said:
really? do you think the dropped temps might just be heat transfer from the cooled pan directly to the temp sensor? or do you think it really does cool the trans fluid?

how many more quarts does that pan hold? im already holding 12 quarts at this point (i have a +2 quart pan and 2 big coolers)

thanks much!
The aluminum pan is definately cooling better, I actually use 2 gauges one in the pan and one just before the cooler. This enables me to see how efficient the cooler is working and also allows me to view how hot the fluid is coming out of the trans.

·
Registered
790 Posts
hmmm.. I may need to look at one of those pans if it makes that big of a difference in cooling.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts