Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what lines do i tap to install a aftermarket trans cooler? My new tranny cooler didnt come with any instructions. i just need to know which lines i tap into i have the front bumper off the car.
Also What is the raditor/cooler in front of the radiator . is the one in front of the radiotor the factory cooler for the trans,oil and power steering? Can i take the whole thing out and run seperate oil and trans coolers, i am taking my power steering out so i will need the power steering cooler

Thanks Brett

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
There are two rubber hoses running into the lower part of your radiator (on the engine side). These are your tranny cooler lines. I would keep the stock cooler (in the radiator) working, and just plumb the aftermarket cooler inline alone with the stocker.

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
on the back of the radiotor where the lines go into the bottom of the radiator. I take it the left line is the inlet and the right where it exits is the outlet? the right hose i tap after it?
if your standing in front of the car which line is it. i am running it after my radiator. I just want to make sure i just finished installing it but before i put everything together i want to make sure i didnt mix them up some how. Thanks for the help Dave

~Brett

1 - 3 of 3 Posts