Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How easy/hard was the install of you trans cooler? What brand did you use? Did you see any cooling advantages without the use of the 7" fan? TIA

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
scale of 1 to 10, its like a 3 the hardest part was the mounting of the cooler, u remove the factory section of rubber hose and then just hook it up like anyother cooler.... let me know if u need any other info

~Andrew

on the cooling advantages with out the fan of course there is, u have an extra cooler the fluid goes through and at high way speed that a ton of air

·
TE44 NA-T
1,026 Posts
I would think it would be better to put it before or after the factory cooler. 2 is better than 1.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
true, it would make sense to put it after because the aftermarket one will cool better anyway. what are normal coolant and trans. temps? i'm asking because it would suck if you put the aftermarket cooler before the stock one and have the aftermarket one do a good job cooling just to have the factory one heat it back up to whatever the coolant temp is.

·
Registered
190 Posts
The guy that installed mine bypassed the factory one but I'd like to put it back. Do you know if the fluid runs from driver's side to passenger's side or the other way around?

btw how did you guys wire your tranny cooler fans?
Thanks

·
Luvs ( . ) ( . )s
2,100 Posts
I had mine run from the stock cooler to the aftermarket, now I got a pwr radiator I only have the aftermarket cause the pwr don't have the stock one built in. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
if ur looking at the front of the car, intake to the right turbos left.... i believe that the fluid runs left to right

1 - 9 of 9 Posts