Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone. i have a transmission problem. hoping you guys could help me out. i have a 95 na 5 spd. yestrday i was driving around and the car was fine. when i reach my destination, the car starting acting up real bad. while in first, driving really slow, the car would lurch slightly and the car felt like it was driving on a flat tire. u also hear loud clanking sounds. of course i stopped right away and tried to look for a problem. it wasn't really noticable at first and happened only while i turned. so i decided to take the car home and when i reached home, the car got really bad.

after every stop and go, the car would act up with the symptoms above except increasingly worse and the problem started happening in 2nd and even 3rd. so bad in fact that the car couldn't even make it up my driveway so its parked in front of my home.

at first i thought it may have been a suspension problem or the lugs were loose on one of the tires and of course it wasn't. so my guess was the tranny. have any of you guys ever had this problem? i wanna take it to a tranny shop but i wanna make sure first.

also do u know of any shops in the 510 area that is reliable that may be able to fix my problem?

thanks in advance guys. hope u can help me out.

·
Registered
479 Posts
if you need a diff.. I have an diff from an sc300. it is the same and should bolt up . I have punkin and all. let me know.

·
NA-T member
455 Posts
TS94Supra said:
u also hear loud clanking sounds.
It could be either the diff or the trans or somehting else. You need to drive your car slowly and have someone else walk becide you as you driving. Have them listen to where the noise is coming from, weither the diff or the trans.

If its the diff just sawp in a new one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts