Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i think my transmission is shot.. basically its doing this..

put in a new pressure plate, and been having troubles since. slave blew up, so i replaced that. but now going into 1st is reallly hard from a stop. but once its in i can take it out and it goes in like butter (synchro?) same thing with 2nd gear. 3rd 4th 5th are all good. except for once cruising in 5th there was a sudden rattle coming from the trans. going into reverse is pretty hard, and once in its extremely hard getting teh car to move. it takes a lot of gas and effort to get it to go and it just basically does no like it. also this was after taking it to the drag strip and doing a couple drop clutch launches and some slip launches. im guessing my synchros and or bearings r shot.. what u guys think? it was an act heavy duty pressure plate that went in

·
Registered
581 Posts
What oil are you running in it? How's the level? It may be worthwhile to put in Redline MTL (I can't remember the correct weight), and see if it improves. Invest $30 to see if you can save a whole lot more. GL

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive been talking with IJ and it seems like its internal.. in Nuetral, the car will lurch forward quiet a bit when i take out the clutch.. so its not just shifting thats my issue :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts