Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know if the manual transmission front mounting brackets (bell housing to block) different for the 7m turbo vs non turbo I can’t seem to find anything on this question

·
Super Moderator
10,050 Posts
It's been probably 15 years, but I remember the driver side didn't match up between the W58 and R154 because of the R154's slave cylinder window.
I can't remember if that kept all the bolt holes from lining up or just one, and I can't remember if the other side matched up or not, I just remember trying it and realizing they were different, and getting the matching ones to install from the heap of MK3 parts I had at the time. I hope that helps.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's been probably 15 years, but I remember the driver side didn't match up between the W58 and R154 because of the R154's slave cylinder window.
I can't remember if that kept all the bolt holes from lining up or just one, and I can't remember if the other side matched up or not, I just remember trying it and realizing they were different, and getting the matching ones to install from the heap of MK3 parts I had at the time. I hope that helps.
well that does help but the brackets I have are broken and like you said the driver side didn’t seem to fit properly (last owner I think did poor transmission swap?) but I don’t seem to find turbo transmission brackets but can find non turbo ones is their a difference?

·
Super Moderator
10,050 Posts
Yes, the W58 trans is the non turbo manual trans, the R154 is the turbo manual trans. So the difference you're dealing with is because of that. The engine side of the bracket is the same.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, the W58 trans is the non turbo manual trans, the R154 is the turbo manual trans. So the difference you're dealing with is because of that. The engine side of the bracket is the same.
Oh okay well now to go look for a turbo transmission brackets thanks for the information did help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts