Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i was just wondering if u can use the NA 5speed transmission on the 2jzgte engine??? will it fit or i have to custom all kind of things..? bcuz i just got a 2jzgte engine from venus-auto but no tranny n i want to do the swap on my supra soon... please help

·
feeding your habit
4,014 Posts
bolts right up, no issues. be careful when pushing the tranny with high power.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Yep, bolt right on...remember though, you'll need the 5 speed flywheel and clutch too...the supra six speed flywheel and clutch won't work...

Dave

·
Exiled Supra Owner
3,703 Posts
You also want to know what kind of rear end you are using. NA or TT - there are several rear-ends that will affect what differential you need in conjunction with the driveshaft.

·
Banned
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
could i use the clutch n flywheel on my NA motor...??? n running with the stock NA drivshaft n NA differential??? please let me know so i wont make a mistake guys...thanks everyone for the help..

·
aKa Blk96SupraTT
3,866 Posts
sengsupra said:
could i use the clutch n flywheel on my NA motor...??? n running with the stock NA drivshaft n NA differential??? please let me know so i wont make a mistake guys...thanks everyone for the help..

Time to upgrade everything at this point. You CAN run all your NA stuff, BUT i would recommend its time to upgrade atleast your clutch and flywheel right off the bat. As for the differential, an upgrade to a TT in the future would be nice. But i've heard guys still running their NA diff.

·
Check Your Face!!!
1,417 Posts
since were on the topic of a clutch, what all do you guys run for clutch and flywheel on your w58's? does anybody use exedy race disc or non-carbon twin disc? they come with lightened flywheels as a part of the clutch kit, so i was just curious if anybody ever used them with any kind of successful results.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts