Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 USDM TT, HKS Single, Tanabe DP, custom Intake, AEM UEGO boost fuel pressure and afr, MBC, BBS
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read through countless threads and this problem i have not noticed any answers to my situation. So when accelerating from a stop the car will not rev past 3500rpm before it shifts to another gear. this is a 94 tt auto car. If i put it in 1st and shift to 2nd manually with the shifter it will rev out to redline if i wanted it to. Same with all other gears manually shifting. I think the manual switch is going bad as it doesnt really turn on and off as you push the switch. will pull dash apart and check that with a ohm meter to see if it works as it is supposed to. Also the car will not downshift if i give it gas to the floor only stay in whichever gear i was already in if its in drive or o/d.

·
Registered
94 USDM TT, HKS Single, Tanabe DP, custom Intake, AEM UEGO boost fuel pressure and afr, MBC, BBS
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
found the problem. the manual switch need a spray down with contact cleaner

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds good, though I'm surprised that fixed your shifting issues. Keep in mind, if you pull the TRAC fuse to diable traction control for racing purposes (or any purpose), it also disables the MANU mode.

Al

i believe it was just sticking is all car hasnt been used much in last few years by previous owner

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the same problem. I’m going to try this and if it fixes it, I don’t care where you are, after this covid-19 shit is over, I’m buying you a big ass steak.

Read my small novel thread here and see if it sounds similar.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the same problem. I’m going to try this and if it fixes it, I don’t care where you are, after this covid-19 shit is over, I’m buying you a big ass steak.

Read my small novel thread here and see if it sounds similar.

I havnt had any issues since I cleaned the button. Knock on wood.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts