Supra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am tryin to buy a supra mk4 and i came upon one i have a small question though are all supra mk4s tt 6 speed or do they also come in 5 speed? the one they are sellin me is a 5 speed and is a turbo, but i have seen everyone on the forum with 6 speeds. what would yall recommend better a 5 or 6 speed?

·
You serious?
3,000 Posts
southeastsupra said:
so all turbos are six speed no matter what? then why is this one a 5 speed and turbo?!
Could be an NA-T. Or it could be MKIVBalticBlueTT's MKIV. :)

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cool i guess i have to let go this one then shyt its been about 1 year since ive looked for a supra and i cant find one in houston i guess i will have to keep lookin thanx both of you

·
Cheifbootknocka
1,944 Posts
southeastsupra said:
so all turbos are six speed no matter what? then why is this one a 5 speed and turbo?!
Because they blew up the getrag and didnt want to spend 2k+ so they swapped in a 5spd

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the engine is a 2jz-gte the t stands for turbo so yeh.i checked the vin and it is and original turbo but thats what has tripped me out, the tranny. i want to get a supra and go bpu++ for a while but after a year or so of knowin the supra i will move on to apu with a complete t-78h kit and all the goodies? how much can power can i get out of the getrag tranny and whats the most it can take? i an lookin to push at least 600 whp

·
Supra TT Senior
1,886 Posts
Search laddie. The Getrag limits have been discussed before but if you're lazy, the answer is usually "whatever you can throw at it"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.