Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed out all of my seals for the transmission (six speed) with OEM seals and the seal on the companion flange still leaks. Anyone else have this problem? Anyone else use a aftermarket seal?

I'm getting a new seal in tommrrow and taking it to a place to see if they can replicate it in teflon..

·
ˆê”Ô ƒGƒAƒ�ƒgƒv‚d‚q
1,039 Posts
I know you said all Seals, but... Did you replace your shift shaft seal? When that leaks it appears that the ouput shaft seal is leaking. this seal is small and if you're not careful with it, it is easy to mess up. esp. if you slid it over the shaft without cleaning the shaft nicely.

Also, did you check the companion flange if it has a groove from where the old seal was riding?

I've never had a problem with the Toyota seals, I think your wasting your time looking for an aftermarket one. You most likely have a groove in the companion flange, just a guess though.

Good luck.
Ishii

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just change out the seals that shown in the toyota repair manual. Where does the shift shaft seal goes? If you can help please post up a picture of where its located on the tranny.

Also I used the V160 manual tranny fluid, got it from jeff watson.

·
Banned
624 Posts
use factory seals.
toyota designed it, better than having it leak again later on just to save a few bucks.

·
ˆê”Ô ƒGƒAƒ�ƒgƒv‚d‚q
1,039 Posts
NooBSupra said:
Where does the shift shaft seal goes? If you can help please post up a picture of where its located on the tranny.

You have to remove the shifter extension arm. Then it is a PITA to get the tiny little seal out, but it can be done.

Ishii

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I changed out these seals, didn't see the shifter seal. Is there any other seals I need to change out on the tranny? I think i covered them all.

·
ˆê”Ô ƒGƒAƒ�ƒgƒv‚d‚q
1,039 Posts
NooBSupra said:
Is there any other seals I need to change out on the tranny? I think i covered them all.[/QUOTE]

Shift Shaft Seal. It's not in that picture you posted.

Ishii

1 - 9 of 9 Posts