Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, question about the MANU button, what is the different between using it and not? Because you can still shift (without MANU) from L to D, isn't that the same as using MANU? And if you do use the MANU, do you switch it on, accelerate, and then what? do you lift off the pedal and shift or just shift without lifting your foot?
I've searched but nothing useful.
Thanks.

·
ur moms favourite
1,404 Posts
i got rid of my trac ecu so 'manu' doesnt work.

Pretty sure it just holds the gear than you have selected. So if you have it in 4th/od it will hold that gear even if you stomp it to the floor, so basically it wont change down by itself, pretty sure thats it's main purpose.

No you dont have to change the way you use the accelerator.

·
ur moms favourite
1,404 Posts
atmsel said:
will it damage the tranny if you lift off and shift?
Well no i guess it wont, if anything it might actually prolong the life of the clutches
? ...but the car is designed to shift with your foot on the gas so no need to.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
gmacrae said:
Well no i guess it wont, if anything it might actually prolong the life of the clutches
? ...but the car is designed to shift with your foot on the gas so no need to.
I thought the Toyota manual says not to have your foot on t he accellerator while shifting?
correct me if I am wrong.

·
Banned
397 Posts
I have not noticed much of a difference with MANU off or on. Of course, I haven't even thought twice about it since I removed the trac system. I now keep the car in drive, with overdrive on and let it do the shifting itself -- seems to be fastest that way.

·
Very Senior Member
10,067 Posts
there are other threads about this.
The MANU button may allow slightly harder shifts and will downshift only one gear from where the shifter is, i.e., if in D, it will not downshift to 1, only to 2.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts